Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB, FWI, Ballina Tipperary

• 04-05-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Recently the wonder of IBB seems to have come to my area, to anyone in the above area, I am on the Silvermines side of the N7. I have not got a clue about IBB, well other than reading the sticky at the top of the page, which isnt too promising to say the least. So on checking out broadband.gov.ie I see that a newish company FWI now seems to be working in the area also. If anyone can give me any guidance on the above it would be greatly appreciated because I am close to desperation at this stage:D

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

They are involved with a few GBbS so my advice is to get in contact with them and get a contact for the schemes and quiz the GBbS users if they are any good, they should be able to set you straight. If FWI won't give you contact details to verify them then I'd say stay well away. Just my 50c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I know of FWI and while they are small they are absolutely grand .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I'm living in ballina, have the Ibb 1mb plan. no complaints, speeds are good, pings are fine, even for gaming, for the 10 minutes i tried it for..no complaints so far

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Thanks for the replies. Have fired off a mail to FWI to see what the craic is. Didnt realise till now that they are a gbs provider. Dont know much about the whole gbs story.Have found very little regarding required numbers to make it viable anywhere online. Not sure many of the old folks in my area have any desire for a gbs, can hardly get them to agree on a water scheme so doubt there would be an appetite for bb. :D

Advertisement