Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a dead plant still be green?

Options
  • 04-05-2006 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Note: I'm not sure what my plant is called, but it kind of looks like a yucca, but it's not a yucca (thiner leaves, thiner trunk???)

Hello,

I have a XXX in my apartment.

About two years ago there were two XXX in the one pot. One of them got a disease (or something - there were little tiny white insects on it) and instantly died. The other XXX seemed to survive, but dramatically lost it's bushy feel (became wilted looking.)

Anyway, I've been looking after it, and it has stayed fairly consistant.

A few weeks ago I decided to get new peat for it. I removed the dead bits of roots etc., there were attached to the plant, showered it down, and replanted it. Note that there were nearly no roots left when I replanted it.

So now the plant is in new peat, dead bits removed, and being looked after quite well.

It still seems quite lifeless though, but the leaves are green.

Is this plant dead? Is it a lost cause?

Should I take a look in the peat to see if new root are growing, or would this damage the plant?

Any info appreciated!

PS I know absolutely nothing about plants/gardens/etc.

Advertisement