Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leagues Apart

• 04-05-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what everyone thinks of Leagues Apart, didnt think much of the first one but this weeks one with lazio and roma is pretty intresting.

Too bad I can't take Ardal O' Hanlon serouisly :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Oh god that was cringe worthy when he started asking Paulo Di Canio about the fields of athen ri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

WAsnt too bad tonight but Ardal is a poor presenter of it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I thought the first two, greece and holland were pretty poor. It was more of a travel show with a bit of footie thrown in. The Roma one last night was a lot better and it delved deeper into the history and background of why these clubs hate each other so much.

I watch a lot of Italian football, more so than the premiership and myself am a Milan fan so I was interested to see how well they did with this one. I was I have to say surprised. They brought out a lot of good detail that I didn't think they would go into. Getting the Ultras to talk was a great touch and offered the angle that I was looking for and I was also delighted that they sat down with the face of Calcio (and the worlds best footie presenter), James Richardson. Yes there was also a lot they missed here but the main bases were covered.

As for Ardal I think he is a little out of his depth with presenting. You can gradually see he is getting better but he just gives me the impression he'd be better doing a travel show rather than a football show. The Di Canio interview was dire and yes cringworthy.

Advertisement