Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7th Harry Potter book

Options
  • 04-05-2006 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Is this going to be the last HP book ?
    and when is it due to be released ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

berengar wrote:
    Is this going to be the last HP book ?
    Yes
    berengar wrote:
    and when is it due to be released ?
    24th July 2007*

*This is a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Rowling has stated many times that there will be only 7 books, i fear we'll have to wait some time before the 7th book materializes as she is working on it as present, with the writing process, editing, and then the obvious delay form the publishers to build the tension and increase demand many times the dates were pushed back for the half blood prince. i won't expect this til early 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Yeah, its the last one. But I reckon she'll kill off Harry Potter in the last one and then have a series of bokks devoted to the adventures of Ron & Hermionen for a while. They'll get married or something and have a few adventures

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hmmm, don't know that she will kill off Harry as I read an interview* last year where she said that it might be fun to come back to Harry in ten years or so and write a catch up. She did say that if she did this then it would be a one-off.

*don't ask me to link because I honestly can't remember where I read it and I didn't think I'd be posting on boards.ie** about it!

** wasn't even a member of boards.ie at the time I read it***!

***don't you hate it when people do this? It's funny when Terry Pratchett does it and interesting when Susanna Clarke does it but otherwise...:D (laughs at own joke :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Just a random bit of information about the book

JK Rowling recently said that she couldnt start the final book becasue she couldnt find the "perfect" paper to write it on.

After stating this she was then flooded with reems of paper and is now happy to begin the writing of the book

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

JK Rowling recently said that she couldnt start the final book becasue she couldnt find the "perfect" paper to write it on.

After stating this she was then flooded with reems of paper and is now happy to begin the writing of the book
    cheapskate. Just so she could get free paper!

Advertisement