Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL news server

• 05-05-2006 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭

I've been using this daily for roughly 17 months and in the last week its been literally useless. Damn this upgrade!!

I'm on Johnstown road, cabinteely. Anyone else getting this problem?

Can i tweak some settings to help the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

D24 here and yes its been total rubbish here for the past few days too....

Late at nite or off peak is when it seems to settle back down.....

Misty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm in D.15 and have been having odd problems. Like sites not accessible till I refresh the page a few times. It could be ZoneAlarm though, re-installed windows and AV/Firewall recently. Sometimes I don't have web access, so I turn off ZA then I can hit the sites ok. Turn ZA back on and I'm ok, other than that refresh problem.

Is it NTL or ZA?

Of course it doesn't help that Boards is still acting up aswell.

Sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah it's absolute cack since the upgrades. Starts off very high speed and runs down to <200kB/s within a short while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I've rebooted my modem and it seems to improved. Mind you its a nice day, maybe all the bandwidth hoggers are out somewhere.

Advertisement