Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Eurovision Song

Options
  • 05-05-2006 4:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I heard Ireland Eurovisions entry "Every Song is a Cry for Love" by Brian Kennedy on the radio this morning. It sounds brilliant whether it will do well or not I don't know. Does anyone know where I could download an mp3 of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

iTunes has it for 99 cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

That piece of crap wont even get out of the semi-finals , Brian Kennedy is a crap singer and an even worse songwriter judging by that song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 noh showband

Your entry didn't get anywhere, either, then. It's cos it's too good. They only wanted Kennedy cos if (when) he loses, Ireland won't have to host the next one ("It's an investment," they say. "It's RTE," we say.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is it a duet with Ronan? Their on-stage chemistry could win it for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Just saw Brian Kennedy doing the song on the Late Late Show, it is a nice song but I don't think it will do well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

Ireland have lost the knack for the Eurovison.I am still debating whether this is a good or bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's the most horrendous piece of cheesey crap I've ever heard, the UK song is not much better.

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: One more comment like this Jericho.. and the banhammer comes out!

No need for personal insults!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Basically we're fúcked.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Glenman wrote:
    I heard Ireland Eurovisions entry "Every Song is a Cry for Love" by Brian Kennedy on the radio this morning. It sounds brilliant whether it will do well or not I don't know. Does anyone know where I could download an mp3 of it?

What are u on? it's dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The UK entry is SHOCKING. I was watching telly yesterday and when I flicked onto Channel 4 the guy that's representing them was performing it. At the time I didn't know it was the UK entry, I just thought it was a P1sstake. Still can't believe it's for real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's the most horrendous piece of cheesey crap I've ever heard, the UK song is not much better.

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: One more comment like this Jericho.. and the banhammer comes out!

No need for personal insults!

So I can't insult Brian Kennedy? Did I make him cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So I can't insult Brian Kennedy? Did I make him cry?
    If i say yes, will it make you feel better? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I heard it when it was on the Late Late Show... and thankfully I have now forgotten it.

But it was pretty poor.

There are only two ways to do well in the Eurovision.... either have some crazy gimick eg. pulling dresses off or being a transexual... or actually having something culturaly relevent about your song.... which means Ireland needs to do something Celtic sounding not a bland piece of sh*t like Kennedy's offering.

I tried to get a song into it myself many years ago... it was called "The Search for Love" It was really cheesey and rubbish... I thought it would right up RTÉ's alley... no alas no...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I tried to get a song into it myself many years ago... it was called "The Search for Love" It was really cheesey and rubbish... I thought it would right up RTÉ's alley... no alas no...
    Have to hear this...! :D

Still got a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

basquille wrote:
    Have to hear this...! :D

Still got a copy?
    hmm... I'll have to have a look in my old Mini Disc collection... it should be in somewhere with that musical I wrote about the brothel...

If I can't find it I can have a go at singing it on the next podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There are only two ways to do well in the Eurovision.... either have some crazy gimick eg. pulling dresses off or being a transexual... or actually having something culturaly relevent about your song....

Not nessecarily. Both Israel and Cyprus have done will be ballads last year (4th and 2nd respectively). Doesn't mean this one will do anyway well, but gimmicks aren't everything.

Advertisement