Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savoy on a Saturday night?

Options
  • 05-05-2006 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

What is the Savoy like on a Saturday night for clubbing. Is Cubins better?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i dunno about saturdays but it's deader than a dead thing on a friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

savoy is good on sat nights... Cubins is €14 then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I havn't been to a nightclub yey in my time here, normally head to Dublin or Galway for the wkend, must check them out from now on, u'd get sick of travelling.
    Is the Savoy onil 10 euro then?
    I was in Riardoin's on Saturday night, thought it was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yeah its €10 in or €8 if you have the Savoy card dealie. I think its pretty good on a Saturday night but as said before it is pretty dead on a Friday. Its a bit of everything but would tend to err on the side of Hip Hop, Rap, etc.
    Fast Eddies is good on a Saturday but is €15 in as far as i remember.
    Just avoid Redz though, worst club ever! Both Redz and Fast Eddies are crap venues but the music in Fast Eddies is at least good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Cork in general is pretty piss poor for clubs, one of the best in country for pubs though. IMO the only good actual venue (that actually looks like a proper club) is Savoy. Not a big fan of the music on sat nights in cork though myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

D-Generate wrote:
    Just avoid Redz though, worst club ever! Both Redz and Fast Eddies are crap venues but the music in Fast Eddies is at least good.

fast eddies is a class venue. Big Black Room. You can't go wrong with that. What do you look for in a venue? Big shiny buttons? arggh. The best venues are the most bare ones, remember Henrys?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

What do you look for in a venue? QUOTE]
    floors you dont stick to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

pretty anoying alright but you get that in every club, more so in clubs like cubins thou me thinks as they have more pint drinkers and pack the place silly so you get a lot of spillage in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Redz is too small everyone heads upstairs to the tiny dancefloor and that means ur pressed up against some agressive 18 year old who thinks he can take on the world. Not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Savoy is a bit of a sausage fest to be honest on a saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Redz is good when it's fairly quiet. I HATE it when it's jammed upstairs.

redz was good a few years ago. not anymore though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The good old days.

Fondly missed.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You'd more likely find me in the Brog in the mid 2000s. The only night club at the time I didn't really mind was the Savoy. Club One was going around that time too, in where the Crane Lane is now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement