Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baron 45minute Run for Tier 0.5 Upgrades

Options
  • 05-05-2006 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone done this?

It's tough, but defo doable, in nothing better than Tier 0 Gear. Dont need any muppets saying they did it in 30mins...wearing phat BWL Epix.

It is the upgrade Q for the Tier 0 gear so clearly it is aimed at people wearing gear of that lvl.

I find that we can down the Baroness after about 9 mins.

Nerub'enkan after about 17mins.

You really need to be engaging the Abominations outside the Baron no later than 30mins, this necessitates a dicey pull of Maleki the Pallid.

He must be pulled straight back without aggro'ing any of the mobs either side of the stairs. Making a mess of this has cause most of my wipes.

Successfully engaged the Baron in 41mins Yesterday only for Lagg Spikes to dc our mage and Caise a wipe as we had no-one to AOE the skellie adds.

So in short after 4 attempts we should have done it.....

Back tonight to hopefully get it done.....than off to MC for our first Guild Raid there next week.....ZG has been pwnd :o)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

You dont have to kill baron in 45 minutes, you only have to aggro him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

That Drake I am well aware of....thanks for your contribution though!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Good luck with MC although if you can clear ZG (inc Hakkar and Jin'do) you should be fine for everyone up until Domo/Rag tbh :)

I'm currently on this part of the tier 0.5 questline too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chomsky

Dont need any muppets saying they did it in 30mins...wearing phat BWL Epix.

:( I was just going to offer some fairly obvious advice such as avoiding whatever mobs are unnecessary to kill and being in a tight group with good dps, my best so far is 34 minutes (although I'm a muppet in phat bwl epix only doing it to help friends.

Such racism against epix :(

• Advertisement

Myself with a bit of transcendence, a **** geared warrior, an ASKANDI LOZL geared warrior and a **** enough rogue and prolly someone else did the 45 min baron, wiped once and barely aggro'd in time..

give more bwl epics plx

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Did it twice in a row...

Setup:

Priest (me)
    Warrior
    Mage
    Warlock
    Paladin
    ---> about 4 mins to spare

Priest (me)
    Warrior
    Mage
    Warlock
    Druid
    ---> about 1 min to spare

Some tips from my guild forum:

Silence pulls are key with the banshees and screechers. If you don't have any silencers, use the corners to get out of site and pull them to you.

The key more than anything is CHAIN PULLING. You are never fighting less than 2 - 3 mobs at a time. Two healers take turns drinking while the other is pulling/healing. Mobs down to half health? SHACKLE PULL!! Gargoyle incoming? Get him in the fray. Melee should be in battle for almost the full 45 min.

PATH TO TAKE:

**Enter second gate, timer starts (btw, if you die u lose the debuff but it will come back at 10 min and 5 min), open next gate and clear all pats and groups in the open area.

**Now head to Nerub'enkan (left). Pull only mobs in your way. Kill boss, clear the ziggarat.

**Head to baroness. Clear ONLY what you have to. Pull Baroness and hide behind a corner to pull her to the room you cleared initially. MAKE SURE WARRIOR DOES NOT HAVE AGRO for baroness fight. If your warrior gets mind controled, it will take too long to widdle him/her down to get them un MC'ed. You should clear the second ziggarat with 30 min still on timer.

**Head up the alley to Maleki. Again pull only what is needed.

**Head to abominations. You should be pulling your first abominations at 15 min. No less.

**After Ramstein and the masses of undead, you have a 30 - 45 second wait until the doors open and the 5 elite skelly guards come out. Take this time to rebuff, change armor, get pots ready, etc.

**Defeat skellies, run in Barons room, drink quick and move in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I have done with the same way as moridin

Instead of bubble boy we had a druid

1xrogue
    1xpriest
    1xmage
    1xwarrior
    1xdruid

Same route as moridin - pull whats needed and pull fast.

We had around 6 mins left on it.

Trying a 3xrogue and 2xdruid later this week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

just because its 'casual' it doesnt mean that you cant use flasks/pots that increase your damage.

even lesser equipped players can complete this if they put the effort in to farm/buy flasks or pots.

Advertisement