Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a good fixed fee solicitor, buying new apt

Options
  • 05-05-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

as title basically, buying a new apt in phoenix park racecourse

looking for a good fixed fee solicitor

any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 summer123

Heya,

Well i have found Dermot Deane solicitors to be a great . It is a fixed rate of €950 I think. They are based in Dublin 4 just off leeson street bridge and the phone number is 01 2314600. If you decide to go with them i have found email the best form of communication.

Aye yi yi caramba. First post and its an advertisement, summer123...

Cyrus, I have PMed you the name of a Solicitor in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You might try to find out what solicitors are doing a bunch of the apartments. They will have 75% of the work already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Sounds like a good idea, but really, I would avoid having someone who is too close to the situation in the block as a solicitor, unless you already know the solicitor. It's good to get a fresh view on things.

I wouldn't be inclined to go for a solicitor who is recommended by the developer. It just doesn't seem right to me. The conflict of interest is too great.

Just an opinion.

Of course, the firms who do more conveyancing are likely to have dealt with a property in your development before.

I haven't dealt with Deane, but a lot of people are happy with him, though if you're the kind of person who wants to talk to his solicitor a lot, he may not be the guy for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement