Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are all terrorists now....

Options
  • 05-05-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭

Gamers are gonna put a jihad on you

yep, apparently BF2 is now the tool of the terrorists

to quote the article "I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in Blackhawk helicopters"... erm Team America? anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Omg all i can say is i want that mod!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SAIC executive Eric Michael said researchers suspected Islamic militants were using video games to train recruits and condition youth to attack US-led coalition forces in Iraq.

oh for **** sake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Er, didn't the US Army use Doom as a training program .. wait, in fact didn't the US Army produce a FPS video game!!!

OH MY GOD!!! :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Wicknight wrote:
    Er, didn't the US Army use Doom as a training program .. wait, in fact didn't the US Army produce a FPS video game!!!

yeah, "america's army". apparently if you get good stats you may get a call from the army...

this was mentioned over on the battlefield forum btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Wicknight wrote:

Doom was used to build on "twitch" response rate afaik, not actual training, which is largely impossible with a keyboard and mouse. Bearing in mind we are talking about a game in a 2.5D world that had no up to down here.

Americas Army is a promotional and recruitment tool. The only games useful for training are Sims of varying sorts.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[STA-7]SSgt.Ste

I'd like to correct a statement. The Marines (hoorah) used doom as a training tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Semper Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Matt Simis wrote:
    The only games useful for training are Sims of varying sorts.

Does that include 'The Sims; Hot Date'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[STA-7]SSgt.Ste

dont get your hopes up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The only thing this proves is that even islamofacist terrorists love freedom more than Jack Thompson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

...and William Wallace. (Braveheart)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

What happened to CS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Matt Simis wrote:
    Doom was used to build on "twitch" response rate afaik, not actual training, which is largely impossible with a keyboard and mouse. Bearing in mind we are talking about a game in a 2.5D world that had no up to down here.

My understanding was it was used to as a strategy modeling tool, for figuring out where you were supposed to be in relation to the rest of your team. Or something. Anyway, off topic.

Advertisement