Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help....

Options
  • 05-05-2006 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

right heres wat i'm trying to do! i have 3 linked combo boxes! ya select wat ya want from number 1 and 2 changes and then from 2 and 3 changes!

when ya select from the last box it goes and opens a PDF file. heres my problem.... i want to get the files to open in a new window but i am using arrays(see below) to store the different values for the different selections... how do i get the the files to open in a new window??

[PHP]

secondGroup[1][1][1]=new Option("Brochure","pdfs/brochure.pdf");
    secondGroup[1][1][2]=new Option("Guide","pdfs/guide.pdf");

[/PHP]

Hope there's enough info there!
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Do you submit these values to a javascript function / cgi?
    How are you opening the pdf currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

at the moment when ya click the PDF ya want it just opens in the current window like a link but i want them to open in a new window

sorry yeah it is being sent to a redirect function on order to open the link

So so you use href?

where you open the link <a href=pdfs/brochure.pdf>Brochure</a>?
    If so
    <a href=pdfs/brochure.pdf target=blank>Brochure</a> opens in a new window.

if not if you can paste more code it would be easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

not using href!

i'm not entirely sure how it works i'm working off a chunk of code i got from a mate and he's away so cant ask him!! its all in javascript...

i no the target = "blank" doesnt work!

sorry for being so vague!

If you slap the code up here I might be able to help
    Or if you want to pm me a link to the page i can look at the source

• Advertisement
Advertisement