Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Debate on Today with Pat Kenny

Options
  • 05-05-2006 11:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭

Another debate on Broadband on Pat Kenny show @ 10.45 today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i was only half listening but they didnt seem to say much seemed to be a advert for some rds show or other

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ict expo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

So is it worth listening to the show online or was it simply a light entertainment discussion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I nearly fell off my chair when the guy who carried out the survey said there were no BB consumer groups in the survey as Ireland has'nt got one!

What are we? Still just a 'technical lobby' group? It seems IOFFL needs to widen its remit.

Miek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

mike65 wrote:
    I nearly fell off my chair when the guy who carried out the survey said there were no BB consumer groups in the survey as Ireland has'nt got one!

What are we? Still just a 'technical lobby' group? It seems IOFFL needs to widen its remit.

Use ****ing Google you stupid ****ing twat. One stupid ****ing search will bring you the IrelandOffline website. Academic my hole.

• Advertisement

I did wonder about that! The trouble with academics is they really do live on a different planet most of the time. I would have thought the first thing to do was google some basic terms like Broadband users group Ireland

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

mike65 wrote:
    I did wonder about that! The trouble with academics is they really do live on a different planet most of the time. I would have thought the first thing to do was google some basic terms like Broadband users group Ireland

Mike.

I don't know about you, but for me the 5th link goes to irelandoffline's website...

Quite so, we're not hard to find. Pity its off-er-line though!

Mike.

The guys name is Pascal Preston at DCU, the project he was part of is called
    Beacon and is an EU funded survey. The Ireland pdf is here. Note IOFFL is'nt cited or mentioned at all.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Well if they left out IrelandOffline....then their project certainly cant be very well researched!!!

Would it at all be possible for someone to get in contact with Pascal Preston at DCU and tell him of this lobby group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I had an email drafted and then deleted it. Seems a bit arrogant emailing and saying "Do you not know who we are? Respect our author e tay" or something like that. I'm more concerned with the "facts" in the report about coverage etc.

Advertisement