Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing probs

Options
  • 05-05-2006 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got second tattoo and this time, although I did everything I had done first time around, it seemed to heal quite badly. Scabbed up in places and left patches. Not pleased.

Now, I was told its no problem to fix it up once the skin has healed and won't be a charge.

My question is, did it scab because it just healed badly (skin getting old like me:D ) or was it down to the tattoo artist ? Should I go elsewhere to get it fixed up ?

Any comments ? Anyone else have a similar experience of this.
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Every tattoo i've had scabbed and gave me no problems. With black tattoo's it's very common to need them touched up regardless of the artist and healing technique. It really isn't a big deal and you should stick with the same artist because the touch up will be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Ag marbh wrote:
    Every tattoo i've had scabbed and gave me no problems. With black tattoo's it's very common to need them touched up regardless of the artist and healing technique. It really isn't a big deal and you should stick with the same artist because the touch up will be free.

Thanks, I wasnt sure. Some parts scabbed up bad. How long should it take to heal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

If it scabbed up very badly it was probably overworked.
    What can then happen is that the scab comes out with the layers that hold the ink and you are left with a patch.
    It can also be patchy just because you pick at a scab when you shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Blub2k4 wrote:
    If it scabbed up very badly it was probably overworked.
    What can then happen is that the scab comes out with the layers that hold the ink and you are left with a patch.
    It can also be patchy just because you pick at a scab when you shouldn't.

Yeah,I felt it was overworked but wasnt really sure. I was booked in for 3 hours and only took two (??). As I said this was my second Tat and my first is quite big and I had no problems. With this one I was in real pain in a few spots and they were the bits that scabed up bad. Im just hoping it will heal, still looks scared :eek:

No picking. Am fully aware of that one :)

Advertisement