Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Student Cards

Options
  • 05-05-2006 11:33am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

How much do the geniuses in Admin charge you to replace your student card?

Will they still do it on the same day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Think it's €13, and they do it same day as far as i know.

Do you need one this late? You can just blag your way through exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Red Alert wrote:
    How much do the geniuses in Admin charge you to replace your student card?

Will they still do it on the same day?

yep they do it in 2mins and u can even change the photo if u want....Its about 12 euro or something but free if you have a letter from the police saying it was stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Not 100% necessary for exams. Just make sure you have exam card printed out and another form of photo id (passport/driving licence) and you'll be fine.

(Just in case you're thinking of getting a card just for exams, save u a few bob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Do you need one this late? You can just blag your way through exams
    Agreed. I had mine confiscated but I ain't gonna bother getting it back or replacing it, cos with an exam card and passport that's all ya need for the exams.

Plus, a mate of mine last yr forgot both his student card AND his exam card - and they still let him sit the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

bad idea...you will seriously miss it for the summer months....you wont be able to get student discounts in topshop or miss selfrige or wherever guys shop.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I sat my exams in December without the exam card and it was grand. The only problem was that I couldn't remember my exam no., so the invigilator had to retrieve it for me. You really only need one or the other.

Grr!! hate people like you who forget their exam number. Means I have to go look it up on Excel spreadsheet (which is often out of date) or ring up Exam Office. And let us just say the people they get in at exam time to answer the phones are not the sharpest tools in the box. ;)

If you lose your exam number and can't print it the next day, remember to bring in the post-it that you get from the invigilator. Saves us having to look it up again.

As regards entering with no exam card or id, yes you more than likely will be allowed to sit the exam. You will need to fill in a form giving your name address etc however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

irlrobins wrote:
    Grr!! hate people like you who forget their exam number...
    Yeah, my bro did his first invigilation gig yesterday, and recounted the mind-numbing boredom of the job, so I think I'll continue to 'forget' just to give ye something to do!

Yep it is shit boring. Things to do to pass the time:

1) Count the number of left handed people
    2) Count the total number of girls. Then count how many are wearing a) pink b) have blonde hair c) have fake tan. Then see if the % varies from faculty to faculty.
    3) Repeat above for guys except a) count hoodies b) count GAA jerseys
    4) Whale tail spotting
    5) Look down girls' tops as they lean over their scripts.

:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

what's whale tail spotting?

is it any more exciting for the head honcho invigilator than the average ones?

• Advertisement

Yea a lil bit. You don't have to keep walking around and stuff. You get to deal with all the paperwork, lecturers, etc so keeps you busy. plus u get paid more. :D

whale tale

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

irlrobins wrote:

/me gathers up polo necks for exams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Your student card will not get you into the libary until 24 hours after it is issued.If you need in fast get a day pass off Librobitch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

irlrobins wrote:

/reminds self NOT to wear v-neck tshirts! Crewnecks all the way, baby :p

irlrobins wrote:
    Look down girls' tops as they lean over their scripts

Look at hot MA students buns as they bend over to give advice... hubba hubba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Damnit I don't think I own anything that's not v-neck, I hate round necks they make me claustrophobic.

*roots out hoodies and scarves*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

irlrobins wrote:
    Nice ass but pity about the short hair.

why the hell dosnt that link work?

Advertisement