Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I source a HDMI Spanner\Splitter?

• 05-05-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I need a device to take a HDMI source, split it into 4 "quarters" and throw it to four screens, mosaic style.

Im not sure what the correct nomenclature is, im guessing spanning but google has turned up nothing useful for any combination of words I have tried.

Any ideas?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

my internet access in work is limited so I cannot get to this site from this pc but from memory tvcables.co.uk - from which I've bought from before and recommend - have a hdmi splitter, as I said its from memory, try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Google for "video wall" to get you started, plenty of standard ones for RGB but you'll probably have to dig a bit for hdmi

http://www.datapath.co.uk/datavideowall%20prods.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

cheers for the link, cant find what I need though, only a remote controlled HDMI switchbox :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If you want HDMI split into 4 HDMI then this may take some searching. Is this a professional or hobby job? If it's a pro job then ring one of the video wall companies.

Some professional plasma panels have video wall function where they take a normal feed and only display part of the picture.

If it's a PAL signal then you could convert the HDMI signal into RGB or component and use a non HDMI video processor.

Also is it HDCP encrypted? if not this will do it

http://www.auroramultimedia.com/web/?section=products&product=asr44

I would say its going to be a pro job. Problem is that it is being passed from one person to another to me, so the lines of communicatino aren't so clear.

I would hazard a guess that its not an encrypted signal, TBPH its probably not even a HD signal!

Thanks for the linkage, ill have to get more info from the person who needs this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Did you get sorted on this?

I saw a product recently at the ISE in Brussels that may do this.

HDMI is a very expensive way of doing this.
    You may find it cheaper to do this with a component video in.

Let me know if you need more info.

still waiting for more info from the guys who need it. Ill post back and let you know how it goes.

Advertisement