Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript in Eclipse

Options
  • 05-05-2006 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have some javascript embedded in a JSP page, using eclipse as my IDE.

In eclipse, the code within the <script> tags comes up as plain text and is so very hard to read and look at.

Is there anyway of changing this so that eclipse will pick up that its javscript and add a little colour formatting to it?

Downloaded a javascript plug-in for eclipse but it doesnt pick up embedded javascript in a JSP file - just a "full/normal" javascript page.

Any help appreciated lads...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NoizeNoize

Try to use Web Tools Suit for Eclipse IDE (http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/) I always download Eclipse IDE with boundled WTP. There is an inline JavaScript editor for JSP pages which highlight syntax. Futhermore it assists you in Javascript coding pretty well. In my opinion it's much better than all this 3rd party plugins. WTP has quite rich set of features and it's not only for JSP/JavaScript editing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Nice one - sounds good - will give it a go....

Thanks for the reply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

At the risk of sounding brazen, is there some reason the google search for Javascript in eclipse isn't working from your computer?
    I mean I ran that exact search last night from home and again just now, to make sure it's not the case that it only works from my computer.
    The second link is free, the first link is free for non-commercial use.

Advertisement