Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have i let myself in for????

• 05-05-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

In a moment of what could well turn out to be complete madness, I ordered BT broadband for my parents house. Its an eircom line, that previously had ericom bb cancelled and i've put my billing details on the order. what kind of a billing nightmare have i set myself up for?????

asked them if i could have both of them on the same bill as my one BT bb and line rental and they said i'd have to wait till the bb was enabled to do that.....

Also when yer man was asking me for my details for the order i asked why he couldnt just use my existing BT account details and he said because he had to write it down on paper. That any orders for line with cancellation numbers for ericom bb couldnt be filled in electronically and had to be brought "upstaris" :eek: No fecking wonder they lose applications, only a paper record that easily get lost. Fupping muppets

only now do i foresee a world of hurt coming my way thanks to bt's incompetent billing.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I had no problems until I went to cancel my BT account. But just make sure you scrutinise every bill you receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

a world of pain is what you've left yourself in for.

I signed up for esat BB in Dec, and went live on Dec 22. (basic package - €20 per month) Got my first bill on Jan 8th for €160:eek:

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

well at least your aware of potential problems with them and will be on the case if something does go wrong. Your first bill is very important with them, if that starts off wrong and isn’t corrected you may end up on that slippery slope of persistently incorrect billing. It's a pity that everybody who signs up with them isn’t so aware, well BT's profits may just drop say 10%, now that would be a shame :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Scruff wrote:
    In a moment of what could well turn out to be complete madness, I ordered BT broadband for my parents house. Its an eircom line, that previously had ericom bb cancelled and i've put my billing details on the order. what kind of a billing nightmare have i set myself up for?????

asked them if i could have both of them on the same bill as my one BT bb and line rental and they said i'd have to wait till the bb was enabled to do that.....

Also when yer man was asking me for my details for the order i asked why he couldnt just use my existing BT account details and he said because he had to write it down on paper. That any orders for line with cancellation numbers for ericom bb couldnt be filled in electronically and had to be brought "upstaris" :eek: No fecking wonder they lose applications, only a paper record that easily get lost. Fupping muppets

only now do i foresee a world of hurt coming my way thanks to bt's incompetent billing.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Can I ask you why exactly you are posting this? I think you know the possible answer already and still you signed with them and as if they are not incompetent enough already you are asking them to merge two bills??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

God does play dice with the BT billing system.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

dub45 wrote:
    Can I ask you why exactly you are posting this? I think you know the possible answer already and still you signed with them and as if they are not incompetent enough already you are asking them to merge two bills??

posted is after i had sat down for 30 mins and thought about it again after i had signed up. we all do crazy irrational things at times.:o

ah well, ye live and learn or in my case ye dont really learn and are just a glutton for punishment.

Scruff wrote:
    posted is after i had sat down for 30 mins and thought about it again after i had signed up. we all do crazy irrational things at times.:o

ah well, ye live and learn or in my case ye dont really learn and are just a glutton for punishment.

Would your masochism not be better discussed in the Personal Issues or Sex/Sexuality forums?

Advertisement