Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I bring my 4X4 off road

Options
  • 05-05-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

Was chatting with a mate and we both have 4x4s which have never seen inside a field let alone a 4X4 track . is there anywhere in leinster that we could go to really see what these things can do .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

A mate of mine is in Club Land-Rover Ireland, they regularly organise off-road days. You don't need to own a Landie either.

They'll show you how to do it properly, slow and steady. Be warned though, if you lash around the track, ignore everything they tell you and end up damaging your car, you'll get no sympathy out of them!

Website is http://www.clri.net/ .

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Was chatting with a mate and we both have 4x4s which have never seen inside a field let alone a 4X4 track . is there anywhere in leinster that we could go to really see what these things can do .
    Are you mad? nobody takes 4x4's off road it'll get wrecked and dirty and things like that, I thought people only bought them to look down on the rest of us poor car drivers :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

Cucullan wrote:
    Are you mad? nobody takes 4x4's off road it'll get wrecked and dirty and things like that, I thought people only bought them to look down on the rest of us poor car drivers :D:D:D

God no, they're for mounting those seriously high kerbs outside the school when you're picking up the kids..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where can I bring my 4X4 off road
    Your driveway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Theres this big green thing just outside dublin called the curragh, or a brown pointy collection of things called the dublin mountains. We used to wreck our land rover and ancient Nissan Patrol in these places. The mountains in winter is hardcore though, bring at least 2 jeeps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I suspect he might be looking for an orginised option!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Crash into a small car. Or hit a pedestrian. That should give you a pretty good idea.

oh dear...I can see where this is going.........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colm_mcm wrote:
    oh dear...I can see where this is going.........

lol, who, me?:)

Anan1 wrote:
    lol, who, me?:)

possibly......

• Advertisement
Advertisement