Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using excell to email a dynamic databse

Options
  • 05-05-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Can Excell be used in conjunction with programming to update a stock list and then email the list every day automatically to a set of clients?, if not are there any off the shelf solutions or database design companies in ireland I can go to?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Open your excel workbook
    Go to Tools > Macro > Visual basic Editor (Alt & F11)
    Choose a method and what you want to sent etc. using www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

This will not generally be automatic - you could however create some kind of scheduled task to email it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tengu

Hi there -

Sorry for not replying sooner.
    I get a yellow marker on the word send when I apply the macro, even when I enter the smtp server I want the script always stops at the word send and highlights it, is there a way around this.

show your code or tell me which page you copied it from.
    however, assuming you decided to sent it using outlook based on this link
    Mail the whole workbook have you referenced the Outlook Library?
    1) Go to the VBA editor, Alt -F11
    2) Tools>References in the Menu bar
    3) Place a Checkmark before Microsoft Outlook ? Object Library
    ? is the Excel version number

Advertisement