Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road Side assistance AA? RAC ?

Options
  • 05-05-2006 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Does anyone know which organisation is best to go for (and which package) for roadside assistance. Anyone know of any good offers ?

Cheers.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've been with the AA for years. I find them excellent, quick to show up, professional and for me with a 100% success rate

They regularly have offers, but after the first year the membership rate goes up. Membership rates have gone up by more than inflation over the last number of years, so cheap it ain't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

unkel wrote:
    I've been with the AA for years. I find them excellent, quick to show up, professional and for me with a 100% success rate

They regularly have offers, but after the first year the membership rate goes up. Membership rates have gone up by more than inflation over the last number of years, so cheap it ain't

Have to agree here. They were quick and friendly when I did have to call them out. Thankfully don't need them too much at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Your insurance company may offer a Breakdown Assist package a lot cheaper - about €40 or thereabouts. The odds are slim that you will ever have to use these services anyway, as long as your car is well serviced and you don't run out of fuel.

Get one of those air compressors that run off the cigarette lighter and you will probably never have to face changing a wheel either.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote:
    Your insurance company may offer a Breakdown Assist package a lot cheaper - about €40 or thereabouts

My insurance company has a breakdown assist package for free. I still choose to use the AA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

unkel wrote:
    My insurance company has a breakdown assist package for free. I still choose to use the AA :)

It's not really 'free', just built into the price!;)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

esel wrote:
    yeah but still its a benifit from the insurance company.i have used it 3-4 times before and have had no problems.they are fast and effiecient.why pay extra to AA or RAC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Id like to hear some more opinions on this. I had to use the AA twice this year. Once just this weekend. The first time i was in a main city and it took them an hour to arrive. But this weekend i was on the motorway and it took them two hours to arrive, which i was very unhappy with :(

esel wrote:

Depends on how you look at it. My insurance premium is the cheapest I could get, so say if I could get the same insurance from another insurer for the exact same price as what I'm getting now, but without the breakdown, then my current breakdown service is for free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

unkel wrote:
    Depends on how you look at it. My insurance premium is the cheapest I could get, so say if I could get the same insurance from another insurer for the exact same price as what I'm getting now, but without the breakdown, then my current breakdown service is for free :)

yes you just said the same words from my mouth:D .i feel the same as the insurance i have is the cheapest i can find and the benifit i see is free brakedown assistance

Advertisement