Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 info...

Options
  • 05-05-2006 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what Audi A3s are like when they have mileage above 90,000? Looking to get one but cant afford much newer then a 97/98/99 and most have mileage around that level. I know being german and with a good service history they should be okay but does anyone know anything specific that goes in them or needs attention?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Usually the Audi A3 is quite good at high mileage - I have a few on fleet with a lot more than 100k miles on the clock and not really much bother to them. Some can give lambda probe problems and air mass meter problems but nothing too serious afaik. Better still if you can get a diesel!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Cool. Prob gonna go for the 1.6 petrol, been driving a diesal van for the last few years and want a bit more poke. Silly I know with the price of petrol bein so high but feck it. Is insurance painfull on them do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

if poke is what your looking for i'd go with the diesel.
    1.6 can be a little sluggish.
    try and test drive both to see the difference

Advertisement