Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Vote for the Wong Man

Options
  • 05-05-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Id just like to say that a vote for Robbie Dillion was a vote for the wrong man in my opinion, I believe he shouldnt have been allowed to run for election....nevermind have votes cast for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

What a truly random statement.

But just out of a morbid curiousity, why exactly shouldn't he have been allowed run??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think you'll find your point will be far better received were you to provide us with your reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The Wong man,eh?

Don't be such a smart ass Karoma, his name is Robbie Wong Dillon. People call him the "Wong Man"...

...hehe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Zillah wrote:
    I think you'll find your point will be far better received were you to provide us with your reasoning.

Gladly, you see, I believe that in a truly democractic college they shouldnt have given the most egotistical man on campus the chance to run for the most important student position without striving to attain his personal plans and maniphesto for the coming year. This was a man who put down in his plan for the future that Bebo should be reinstated into the college between certain hours....does he have no bigger concerns? This is a man who didnt bother to turn up for the afternoon radio show until five minutes beforehand due to 'the female attention he was receving' according to his PR, what is he, Axl freakin Rose!

Even the current college president said he was an asshole, and he shouldnt have run, because he wasnt a bit concerned about electoral glory, he was simply concerned about bedding as much women as he could under the pretence that he was college president.

• Advertisement

I see. Surely the nature of democracy is that if these failings are truly evident, then the people will vote accordingly?

Or do you feel that you personally should be able to make the decision as to who can run or not?

Surely, if you truly do want democracy, your response should be to A - Run yourself and do a better job, B - Vote for someone else, thereby showing your lack of support for Mr.Dillon, or C - Engage in a slur campaign wherein you expose Mr.Dillon's failings.

Arbitraily denying someone the ability to run based on one person's superficial observations is not very democratic, nor is it sustainable.

Zillah wrote:
    Arbitraily denying someone the ability to run based on one person's superficial observations is not very democratic, nor is it sustainable.

Ah Zillah, once again you have realised the frivolous natures of my tedious arguments, which are all at their core shallow and pedantic anyway. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

in all fairness all of the candidates running are well better than ian "el presidente" walsh. as long as whoever get voted in doesnt start acting like ian walsh did this year and thinking they are the only one running the union then it doesnt really matter who wins

saying that after seeing all the manifestos and such from the candidates there is nothing that really stands out for any candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

What rick said.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

well you will all be very glad o know that he lost by a country mile even with a campaign to rival that of G.W.Bush!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Of course he lost, no-one likes someone that cocky. The little smear campaign run against his rival didn't make him appear in a good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

and the fact that Darren Carey was the obvious man for the job didnt help either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RobbieDillon

Wow a whole thread just for me!!!
    I must admit I am a bit embarrassed about the effort some of you have put into taking me down a peg or two! That’s a really nice thing to do publicly!!!

I didn't realize that it was Wayne Madden saying all those things... If I’m not mistaken mate I got an hour on ITTFM playing funky house on my own show then you started crying because you couldn't have your own rock show so mine was given to you!!! Are you a bit bitter Wayne? And if you think I’m "the most egotistical man on campus" then why don't you pop over to the union and say hello and get to know me a little bit before publicly slating me! Fair enough when somebody stands up in the radio soc agm and tells everyone he is the best radio DJ for his age and that loads of stations tried to sign you up I'm naturally gonna break my hole laughing!!! And if that makes me "the most egotistical man on campus" then I'm guilty as charged

If the truth be told I knew going against Darren was a stupid idea but why not give it a shot, the things on my manifesto were things that I wanted to get done and there was a lot more than bebo on it dude... I won't have the chance to do them now but if there is one thing I do know it's that Darren will do a bloody good job and will be arguably the best president in ITTSU history!

I've no idea where this mad rant came from Wayne but whatever your problem is with me is exactly that - YOUR problem.

Hahaha...busted :D

EDIT: Although Robbie I must say that extracting our numbers from poor Jenny and texting complete strangers was a very poor show. I can tell you, you ruled out plenty of potential votes with that little stunt.

A cheap stunt indeed! But it was an election and i was running against darren carey so i had to try everything!!! I realized it was a stupid idea when someone texted me back saying "I won't vote for that stupid cu*t he wrecks my head"! Ahh well, all part of the fun n games of elections! Sorry about the text anyway:)

Wow a whole thread just for me!!!
    I must admit I am a bit embarrassed about the effort some of you have put into taking me down a peg or two! That’s a really nice thing to do publicly!!!

I've no idea where this mad rant came from Wayne but whatever your problem is with me is exactly that - YOUR problem.

Ok....I apologise, things we're said that I shouldnt have said, and I have absolutely nothing to say in my defence. I wish you all the best in whatever capcity you fill next year. I apologise

A cheap stunt indeed! But it was an election and i was running against darren carey so i had to try everything!!! I realized it was a stupid idea when someone texted me back saying "I won't vote for that stupid cu*t he wrecks my head"! Ahh well, all part of the fun n games of elections! Sorry about the text anyway:)

Meh, I think you've suffered enough... :p

Ok....I apologise, things we're said that I shouldnt have said, and I have absolutely nothing to say in my defence. I wish you all the best in whatever capcity you fill next year. I apologise

Cheers dude, I appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Jeez .... I leave for five years, come back, and find students who actually take ITT college politics seriously.

The end is extremely f*cking nigh!! Repent!!!!!

Advertisement