Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fowler gets new 1 year contract

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fecking delighted. Surely it spells the end of Cisse and most likely Morientes at Anfield by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Delighted! He's past it....you lot should bust a gut to get Owen back this summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

He is past it at the top level. I think Cissé is gone but Morientes will stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

el rabitos wrote:
    Liverpool Signings and General Rumours Thread
    Deserves a thread of it's own - not everything Liverpool related needs to be squirreled away into one awkward thread (though I am proud of it in a 'mine's bigger then yours' sense).

Great news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Morientes will stay? Why? He's offered absolutely nothing since he joined, he's just not the player that he was and will never be a hit in the Premiership. He'll join some mid-table Spanish team in the summer and see out his career there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

but rafa signed him where as Cisse was houllier's man. i reckon he'll give moro another season. apparently he's great in training every week. if he could just find some form

glad about God though. they don't call him god for nothing (god not good)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

delighted for him :) he's clearly very happy at the pool, a man who commands that kind of legendary status deserves to be there in some sort of capacity :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A sane decision and what I fully expected (well hoped for!), by the start of next season he will be rearing to go and should be one of the fittest strikers in the top teams as he won't be at the World Cup (short of a miracle).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres a lot of people giving out about morientes that obviously dotn watch the games. His work rate has been very good, his link up play with soemone who actually has skill (fowler) is great . Whencrouch wasnt scoring, people were banging on about how he was workign for the team. Yet wen it moro, he gets dismissed.

Theres a reason he gets n the end of fowlers flick on eaders more than crouches, fowler puts headers where he wants as opposed to crouch who randomly keeps it going in the same general direction the flight of the ball was taking it in. Fowler and moro work well together because they are both very skillfull players with football brains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

happy he is staying.
    i fear that moro may stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

eyerer wrote:
    happy he is staying.
    i fear that moro may stay

I think Moro and Fowler might make an excellent partnership....Watch this space!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nando will stay if only cos Rafa still belives he'll come good, Cisse on the other hand is almost certainly toast. For every moment he uses his power and pace well he screws up his first touch 10 times over.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cba merging but theres a bloody huge thread about Liverpools signings.

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement