Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture Editing

Options
  • 05-05-2006 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Guys,

Is there an easy way out there that i am missing...

Everytime i want to upload/email a few pictures i have to go to Photoshop and open each one, change the res and save for web so it compresses and reduces the size of the image for quick sending.

Is there a piece of software out there that will take a few pictures at once and do all of the above in one action? :confused:

Thanks,

Jo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

Well.. i don't know if there's a program out there that will do this for you but what i recommend doing is setting up an "Action" in photoshop..

On the history palette, you'll see a tab that say's action. Click that and then click the 5th icon in at the bottom which is "Create new action".

Have your image open before hand. It should automatically be recording. This means that whatever you do, right up until you close the image will be recorded.

So, crop your image and do whatever you do to it, then go to file>save for web as normal and put it to a quality which isn't too high/too low. After you save it, make sure to close the image before hitting stop because if you do, it makes your life that bit easier. Now, you have the action to resize and save for web saved , open up every image you wish to resize and upload.

Click on your action, click play and it should resize, save and close the image meaning all you have to do is keep clicking play..play...play.. I hope i helped, tell me if it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Absolutely fantastic – works a charm! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

Sweet...just what i wanted to hear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Imagemagick..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

if you have xp, heres something that will stop you from having to open photoshop at all.

There's a utility on this page called "image resizer", its a powertoy for xp. Once installed you just right click on a selection of images, you'll see a new option saying resize, click it, select your res and all your images are compressed and resized in a blink.

XP Powertoys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Thanks guys - im all sorted now!! :cool:

Advertisement