Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 night stand

Options
  • 05-05-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing most of the UCD crowd have noticed the posters plastered to all the walls over the college advertising the "12 Night Stand". If you haven't seen them, its for 12 nights of partying for when you finish your exams in various locations like Bondi, D4 and Redz (I think they are doing a total of 4 nights in Redz, which seems like a bit of overkill, but anyway).

Now I'm not writing to advertise this event in any way, shape or form. This event is run by UCD ents, namely Anto Kelly (and some other guy whos name I can't remember). But it seems that this was not the brilliant idea of the UCD Ents crowd. The previous week, posters advertised an "11 night stand" under the UCD Surf Club name. The mastermind behind this plan was none other than the Surf Club captain Jeff Harte, who it seems, has put some time into prepairing this event.

What I'm annoyed with is that the Ents gang can't come up with some origional ideas of their own to generate some income, but they have to copy someone elses idea, and "attempt" to perfect it. Surely Anto can come up with another scheme or night/day of drunken antics, and not have to pillage an event off a fellow student. After all, he is the UCD Ents officer and surely the job entails the need for some form of creativity, along with the ability to introduce some fresh ideas.

Poor show Anto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

they've been doing the 12 night stand thing for years so the surfing club have infact ripped it off from all the previous ents officers.....

I never go to them..couldnt think of a worse way to celebrate finishing my exams tbh in bondi or club 92 (shudder)....Id rather spent a night with librocop in the tigers cage in Dublin Zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Looks like you've just managed to advertise both of them. Smooth movement there! Anyway, Panda's right... on all counts. Although, for me, it'd definitely have to be a night in Fota with the penguins*. Far better fun.

*For some reason penguins scare the bejesus out of me. Except for the ones in Madagascar... got to love that sunburn!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

^^ you do know how to cheer everyone up blush! :D

can you imagine Holly Irvine attempting to organise a 11-night-stand next year? <shudders>

Now now, let's give the girl a chance to fail before we damn her. (Arts Day didn't count, it was this year. :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Red Alert wrote:
    can you imagine Holly Irvine attempting to organise a 11-night-stand next year?

I wouldn't mind an 11-night stand with her!.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

TheVan wrote:
    I wouldn't mind an 11-night stand with her!.....
    Ugh! No.
    Orla Ní Threasaigh is another matter though.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This thread has changed v quickly!

*tuts loudly* Men! Oh lordy, lordy me.

As for the 11/12 night stands... has anyone here ever gone to one of the events? Would they actually bother going again? I know the only way I'd ever get caught going would be if my entire class were interested* enough to want to go. I'm not huge on the boat-rocking where nights out are concerned. But they're a pretty intelligent bunch, I'm the 15 Watt bringing up the rear (and I'm not even an energy saver!).

*thick

Hey, it was an obvious one! .....and she's taken Firespinner unfortunately!

Yeah I've been and they're never special....just a nightclub with college crowd....if its a Friday then its pointless....if its a Tues or something it can be great because you're guaranteed a good crowd your own age!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Is it 12 days straight? Is there discounts or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

nothing organised for the 19th of may so i'm disappointed as i finish that day........

So wrong, Font22....as we both finish that day I checked it out.....its Redz.....I think the current plan is to dump bags somewhere and go to Crowes and get ossified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ur ok tho TheVan Celebs get into all these things free;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that the surf club are just being paid to stick their logo on the posters so that they can be plastered over campus, the events are being run by outside companies, no?

Anyway, post-exams the farthest I can drag myself is the Horseshow house opposite the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Redz?!!? EUUUUHHHH!! That's minging. Hate that place.

(Contemplates sitting in with a big bottle o whisket and some tunez!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

BOO!!!
    None of my friends are finished till june and im finished on the 22nd of may and flying to the states on the 31st so wont even get to celebrate with them.....looks like it will be me gettin pissed on my own!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thegaffer

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that the surf club are just being paid to stick their logo on the posters so that they can be plastered over campus, the events are being run by outside companies, no?

It says in the first post that Jeff Harte is the one who is running the summer sessions so how could the surf club be gettin paid just for their logo?

Which series of nights seems better?IMO its the summer sessions, better places to go to and it doesnt have REDZ every second nite!!!

It says Merry Christmas in the window of Madigan's pub in Donnybrook and it's May. You figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Blush_01 wrote:
    It says Merry Christmas in the window of Madigan's pub in Donnybrook and it's May. You figure it out.
    It says merry Christmas all year round! It also says we are to cheap to have this removed and re-painted, even though we own loads of pubs around Dublin!

That was my point sweetheart - that you can't always believe what you read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

I have to agree with Pretty Monster, the surf club are not the best organised club in UCD. I would well believe they are just being paid for the use of their logo. It's a pretty good logo tho:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

The whole bloody 11/12 night stand things are over a week befpre my exams! So even if I wanted to (and I don't), I couldn't go. Bondi's the type of place I avoid like the plague. It's not where I want to celebrate the end of my undergraduate life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The night I finish the Summer Sessions is on in Tramco, and since I go there all the time, its merely a case of going where I'd be going anyway. there'll just prob be loads more people there than there would be on your average tuesday night.

Advertisement