Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website taking on advertisers

Options
  • 05-05-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

I've started up my own site and hope to take on advertising in the future. Could anyone tell me if I then have to register the website as a company(it's not presently a business) and what if any would be the tax implications? etc.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Deb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Just a suggestion on your website.
    You've too many Topics (sub-forums) where people can post.
    Make it much fewer, and then when it becomes more popular add more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Hi Chump, Thanks for the feedback. Would you believe pretty much every Topic is used daily! Some less than others, but as alot of the members came from other more specically targetted sites I figured the best way to integrate them was to have ALOT of general topics. And it's working quite well so far.

But I think us women can always find something to talk about;)

Thanks again,

Deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

kool!
    Just a personal thing really...

Anyway my gf and a few gurls I know use ivenus.com (presume that's your main competitor?) so you should look at ways of bettering that! Or marketing it better.

Regarding ads,
    Google AdSense and AdWords are the big boys but you need certain hit rates for them I believe- I'm not too sure, but I can't imagine your website would have enough hits for you to make any decent money yet anyway.
    Perhaps sponsorship should be looked at?

Anyway best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Ivenus is quite good too!

I have Adsense at the moment and it's paying for the hosting so far:D I'm also going to add the Google referral thing(how technical of me eh? lol) I'd have to pay for Adwords, and it would really only be a means of advertising the site as opposed to taking on advertising. Traffic is pretty high so far! 1,427,140 in just under 3 weeks, so not bad going considering I haven't really advertised the site yet:D

Sponsorship may be a way to go alright! I'll have to look into it;)

Thanks again,

Deb

Advertisement