Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visuals for gigs

• 05-05-2006 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Dunno if I'll get the right response in this forum but it seems like the only forum I should put it in.

Got a mate whos asked me to look into doing visuals for a couple of gigs hes got coming up in a while. Nothing too fancy, just swirling colours with maybe a bit of text here and there.

Said to him I'd look into doing it myself off a laptop. Anyone here have any experience doing this?What kind of programs do you use etc??

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Depends on what equipment is available. Some clubs I have gigged in use a digital projector (roof mounted so no fecker can pull it down!), and then either a DVD (movie, slideshow, or music videos), or pc/laptop (same with the DVD,s plus Powerpoint visuals).

After that, it is trial and error. You can find a lot of psychadelic visuals cheap on the net, hard to find free ones. If going to be used a lot, their worth the money.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Not sure if it's too late for you, but R4 is by far the best / most powerful visualisation program I've found around the net. Theres a free version, registered version is about 300 bills.

It's really customisable, can even be remotely administered from another pc on the same network. Does scrolling text, visualisation rating, visualisation customising, pretty much everything.

I was looking into programs for stuff like this a while back and it was the best one I found by a long shot. The unregistered one only has a tiny unregistered message on it, I'd say itd still be grand to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 karll

Theres another one called Arkaos which is pretty good and very simple to use,
    i use it with Windows Movie Maker aswell...

Advertisement