Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother 2006 goes Willy Wonka - Get in with a Golden Ticket!

Options
  • 06-05-2006 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

from rte.ie...
    05 May 2006
    Big Bro launches golden ticket competition
    Reality television show 'Big Brother' is to run a Willy Wonka style competition to find one of this year's contestants for the show.

According to reports, the show's producers have decided to issue 100 golden tickets in Kit Kat chocolate bars, with the bars being distributed to 40,000 retail outlets, starting at 10.30pm on 18 May.

The competition will run until 2 June at 10.20pm, with the golden ticket holders then being invited to a live television broadcast, where one of them will be chosen at random to enter the 'Big Brother' house.

Angela Jain, Channel 4's commissioning editor for 'Big Brother' said: "We are always looking at new ways of trying to find brilliant housemates and the golden ticket feels like a genuinely exciting way to do so."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Just adding that you've to be aged 18 and live in the UK, so no chance of us getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

this is a weird idea.... wonder will thy pull it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Sounds brilliant, I wonder will the ticket be found at all? Its a great idea ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

but its starting on the 18th...

Yes, and thats when the tickets go on sale too. At 10.30pm in the 24 hour shops, and the following morning when other shops open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Will people not just sell them on Ebay? That's certainly what I'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

grimloch wrote:
    Will people not just sell them on Ebay?
    And how much would a ticket go for?

1 Soul?

This post has been deleted.

Not all of it. I find it difficult to concentrate on a long story, I just scanned it I'm afraid. :p

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Just adding that you've to be aged 18 and live in the UK, so no chance of us getting in.
    Well the under 18 would rule you out anyway from the main entry requirements,never mind this one.

I notice that the golden tickets can be sold and ch4 has said this can be done,they dont mind.
    I'd imagine they might be flexible on the uk residency too.

The Sun is offering big money I hear to buy golden tickets-given that only a few kit kat eaters might want to go into that house,I'd say that they will be buying one or two.
    Endemol wont want them in there so imho that reduces the odds against getting in for the others with the golden tickets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement