Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

red hot

Options
  • 06-05-2006 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

anyone get the new red hot chili peppers album and is it any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

yea and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a Music Review... moved to 'Music'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

yea and yes

i concur. it may not be the total return to funk some people may have expected but is still really good and does have more of that kinda feel to it . although, to be honest ive only listened to it a few times, but generally new cds tend to grow on you so it can only get better. fairly good value for money too i think

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Californication was one of the few albums I've ever liked straight away (on first listen). This one isn't doing it for me yet. I'm finding the first CD a bit monotonous. I like the second CD more, it's more lively.

It may grow on me, or I'll just make my own 1CD version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Will write up a proper Music Review of it in a few days but i do think it's their best work in years..

A bit underwhelmed by both By The Way and Californication on repeated listens.. but i'm studying for exams right now and this 28-track double-album really is pretty much filler-free. And i do think 'Dani California' is by far one of the weakest tracks on it.

But soft-tracks like 'Especially In Michigan' and 'Wet Sand' and the harder balls-out tracks like 'Readymade' and 'Storm In A Teacup' will pack the crowds into stadiums.

I made a blog entry when i first heard 'Dani California' saying if this was their first single off an upcoming double-album, it was either a terrible choice for a first single or the album will be absolute crap. I now believe the former.. atrocious choice for a first single!

But excellent stuff from the Chili's and ask anyone who knows me, i was incredibly apprehensive. I saw them 3 times tour the Californication / By The Way tour (Slane 2001 / Lansdowne 2002 / Slane 2003) and will gladly go see them tour this new album (but don't have a feckin' Oxegen ticket! :mad:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i think they are the most over rated and over hyped pile of piss in the world at the moment. Every song sounds the same as the last - "thany wagny" - retro style guitars that they first introduced back in 199whatever, lyrics that for the most part make no sense and just seem like words that rhyme (california, want to love ya, missisppi, gypsie...arhg!) and music videos, especially the most recent, which show them up to be a band for kids.

If you want to hear a good guitar band who are actually developing a style with lyrical content then check out the Racaconteurs. Video on Google Video for Steady as She Goes
    [SIZE=-1]www.theraconteurs.com[/SIZE]

/me awaits a backlash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bland, average, bore of an album. Very disapointing, there's little on the album that I'd rate above Dani California. Californication and By The Way are far superior records.

Back to the drawing board me thinks for RHCP.

Advertisement