Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC vs. Mac

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Eh monsy wan't an obstacle. i wouldn't touch a mac. Bit of a generalisation there.
    Jessica alba=looks good, not terribly clever.
    Bill gates=smart twat. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Pokypoky, please:rolleyes:

Macs are way behind, and they are disposable computers.

Does the mac have an integrated memory controller?
    Can it be overclocked to amazing speeds that arent yet available?

Anyway, I leave you with this and this

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭pokypoky

Jessica alba=looks good, not terribly clever.
    Bill gates=smart twat. :)

Yeah i couldnt think of a woman that both looked good and was really clever. Were not gonna resolve this but I just think the mac is much easier to use and looks better..sorry for being right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

...a bad workman...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

pokypoky wrote:
    Yeah i couldnt think of a woman that both looked good and was really clever.

Can anyone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd give Carol Vorderman one. Some actress is smart, somewhere.
    sorry for being right
    Not burdened with that often, are you?

So all those stunning actress'es earning millions, are stupid because....?

So all those stunning actress'es earning millions, are stupid because....?
    All those "actress'es" get money for acting, actually a lot of it is just for looking good. People are stupid because they are stupid. It's biological.

I'd have thought being stupid is defined by doing stupid things. doing nothing for millions is hardly stupid?

I'd have thought being stupid is defined by doing stupid things. doing nothing for millions is hardly stupid?

stu·pid

Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
    Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
    Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

• Advertisement

Well you know how to use a dictionary. I though this was a discussion forum not a spelling bee.

They seem to understand money well enough, careful enough to manage their careers to get where they are, in a difficult industry. Doing a job that earns millions is hardly stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060513.jpg

I don't hate Macs as much as I hate the "cult" of Mac; fanboys in general are a waste of space, but Mac fanboys are more irritating than most.

LOL. Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I think there is also a difference within PC's. I dual boot XP and SuSe10. Any sort of design work (in fact anything that would be considered work at all) I use Linux. I find it's a hell of a lot easier to use, and is designed for doing work. Saying that I haven't used mac's much, but would love to try.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060513.jpg

I don't hate Macs as much as I hate the "cult" of Mac; fanboys in general are a waste of space, but Mac fanboys are more irritating than most.

Lol its true, Who would bother writing a virus for a platform that 3% of the world use when they could write a virus for 90% of the worlds computers.

And Mac fanboys really are the worst, They backup their arguments with statements such as "Well, Mac is better because its pretty"

or "Mac is better because its easier to use" Yeah that single button mouse is really great for ease of use and productivity:rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

mac's have had 2 button mice available now for quite some time, also, u can cmd-click as the alternate mouse function, also, considering how old OSX is getting, and what Vista is shaping up to look like, i think pc's are gonna slip behind big time. Vista to me anyway (i use pc & macs) seems like its gonna be a big let down.

Personally I turn off all visual junk to reclaim my ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Meh, there's less of a difference these days between Mac's and PC's. I'd probably still be using an Amiga if Commodore hadn't gone titsup.com

I think I'm a mac fanboy and i don't even have a mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Used both, pulled both apart on numerous occasions.

PC: doesn't look as nice as the MAC graphically.
    Mac : is slower and uses an inferior chipset.

When Mac start using the Intel chipsets like they are planning to I will re evalutate until then I laugh heatily at them.

Apart from that, everything is aavailalbe on the PC, you can buy cheaper spurious parts easily. Upgrades are much easier too.

All in all in my professional experience I have found the Mac to be the equivilant of the Fisher Price my first computer.

Oh and there is a big diff using a PC with Windows as there is to using a PC with Debian Linux installed.

• Advertisement

layke, you obviously have no clue about macs whatsoever and are one of these people who go by ghz than actual performance. Just because the clock speed is lower does not mean performance is, and by the way, macs have been using intel processors for a good few months now.

heggie wrote:
    mac's have had 2 button mice available now for quite some time, also, u can cmd-click as the alternate mouse function, also, considering how old OSX is getting, and what Vista is shaping up to look like, i think pc's are gonna slip behind big time. Vista to me anyway (i use pc & macs) seems like its gonna be a big let down.

Ermmm, OSX is on its 4th revision..... Windows XP has survived since 2001 with only 2 service packs........

And anything you can do on a Mac you can do on a PC......

And anyone that compares the speed of computers by looking at ghz alone is stupid:rolleyes:

Also I would like someone show me a G5 with a 2.6ghz FX-60 Dual core processers, Low latency ram, a 2ghz system bus, an integrated memory controller, 10k rpm HDDs, High end graphics card........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

conzymaher wrote:
    Also I would like someone show me a G5 with a 2.6ghz FX-60 Dual core processers, Low latency ram, a 2ghz system bus, an integrated memory controller, 10k rpm HDDs, High end graphics card........
    Topped off with a nice BSOD....

I think this deserves a poll of some sort but I dont know how to start them and they probably arent mac compatible anyway. We live in a pc dictatorship!

conzymaher what u said had absolutely nothin to do with what i posted, so i duno what yer on about

also, considering how old OSX is getting, and what Vista is shaping up to look like, i think pc's are gonna slip behind big time. Vista to me anyway (i use pc & macs) seems like its gonna be a big let down.

Only the first bit of my post was responding to you......

WTF??

I have never had a BSOD on my PC, Maybe if you were deleting random windows system files you might get one.

BSODs dont happen, they are caused.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Blowfish wrote:

I have only once ever gotten a BSOD and its when I accidently deleted system files by mistake.

What irks me the most about the MAC fanboys is the way they use the argument "Mac is better because it doesn't crash all the time" and other junk that actually means little in real world comparisons.

Macs are fine in my book, but only fine: to be honest they're severly overpriced and far less functional then a PC in many aspects.

I would never choose one over a pc, ever. People seem to buy them half the time so they can be different - I know someone recently who spent 2.5 grand on a mac, and for the price the specs are painfully average - a more powerful pc would've been at least a grand cheaper. He was adamant it HAD to be a mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

HavoK wrote:
    far less functional then a PC in many aspects.
    That there is the Macintosh users equivilant to what you hate.

Advertisement