Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

could i make my voice deeper?

• 06-05-2006 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi is ther any way i could make my voice deeper,i like doing rap music well i just started but my voice isnt quiet deep enough,is there a way i could make my voice deeper,i think its already clear enough but could i make it deeper id also like to try my luck singing aswell,i no there is no miracle cure and i wont get my voice to sound great but i want to see what could be done to improve and make it audible,any suggestions anybody??thsnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Go to a vocal coach. Your voice, like any other part of your body, responds to training and exercise. You'll never be Barry White but you may extend your vocal range with the appropriate guidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Im sure you could get a testical extention, that worked for will young afaik. He still sings like a girl tho, but more like a butch dike ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

j2u wrote:
    hi is ther any way i could make my voice deeper,i like doing rap music well i just started but my voice isnt quiet deep enough,is there a way i could make my voice deeper,i think its already clear enough but could i make it deeper id also like to try my luck singing aswell,i no there is no miracle cure and i wont get my voice to sound great but i want to see what could be done to improve and make it audible,any suggestions anybody??thsnx

It depends on what you mean by deeper. Voice training will expand your range both up and down, so you technically will be able to sing lower. BUT, I get the impression that what you mean by "deeper" is in the sense of tone and sound quality. The only way you can do that is in the way actors force a tonal change for a character but if you try that for singing and rapping you're going to end up sounding very forced.

And you're wrong about the miracle cure. Good vocal training and practice can do absolute wonders with pretty much anyone's voice. I reckon you should just sing/rap in a way that feels natural. If you have a light voice you should use it as a bit of a trademark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

get really close to the mic and use the proximity effect to your advantage. A snarling whining wimp sounds like a real man when you're 'eating' a 58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

jtsuited wrote:
    get really close to the mic and use the proximity effect to your advantage. A snarling whining wimp sounds like a real man when you're 'eating' a 58

If you're going to use a 58 for that kind of thing you might as well use a 57 as 58s have a bottom end roll off at about 150hz to counter proximity effect. Or else use a good cardiod gained up really high, heavy compression, good eq and and you'll be as manly sounding as you ever can be!

Advertisement