Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Phone Providers Comparison

Options
  • 06-05-2006 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am currently with eircom and currently use them for local & national and also dial-up internet. I find them expensive and am considering changing. I have received a number of flyers from other service providers and was wondering if anyone knows of a website with an up to date comparison of the prices that they charge. I am currently considering Perlico and UTV
    I have tried comreg.ie - without any luck, and callcosts.ie still only compare mobile phone rate.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 yygaurav

You can use

www.u.tv
    or

http://www.perlico.com

which is better

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

I just moved to EsatBT's broadband offering. €35 per month including line rental for always on access. Smart werent available in my area but offer the same price but quicker speeds. We also use www.13434.ie's phone service that gives free calls in Ireland save for a minimal connection fee. Still looking for the catch but none so far.:) - Not sure if it specifically answers your question but most of the sites compare each others costs such as BT & Smart

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

l0st wrote:
    I am currently with eircom and currently use them for local & national and also dial-up internet. I find them expensive and am considering changing. I have received a number of flyers from other service providers and was wondering if anyone knows of a website with an up to date comparison of the prices that they charge. I am currently considering Perlico and UTV
    I have tried comreg.ie - without any luck, and callcosts.ie still only compare mobile phone rate.

Thanks.

The government actually had a website a while back listing all the providers together with the costs. Not sure if they ever updated it to keep account of some of the reduced pricing that has come around over the last year or so.

Try a quick trawl through the Dept. Communications to see if you can find it

Edit: you could look here http://www.broadband.gov.ie/bbinfo/home.aspx . This is mostly about broadband but you may find links for telephone providers etc

Comreg also have this http://www.askcomreg.ie/home_phone/List_of_Home_Phone_Service_Providers.70.LE.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 audizerstoren

would suggest that you check some of the postings on the various forums re UTV they are an absolute disaster when it comes to customer service and charging...if you do sign up with them you will need to examine every bill in microscopic detail to ensure they arnt ripping you off...Take note that they dont tell you all the little terms and conditions that they will apply..

STEER WELL CLEAR ....RUDE IGNORANT AND DAMNED UNHELPFULL!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jail8ird

Hey l0st, what part of the country are you located ?

I'm in the same vote in Kells, Co. Meath. Dunno wheather
    to get broadband from Eircom or try BT-Ireland or Smart.
    Smart have told me back in December they'll get me connected
    as soon as but they've never gotten back to me.

Smart have free line-rental for 10 years. Are they in your
    area ?

J8

• Advertisement
Advertisement