Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where should i start?

• 06-05-2006 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

im going to go into town as soon as i can to buy some gear but dont know what to get,i have a laptop and thats it.i want to get something to mix my accapella with instrumentals,i tried making a recording of my voice playing over an instrumental,i assume its a mixer i should use but i dont know exactly what that is is it a type of software or is it a musical instrumnet ,i would also like to find something that help me change the tone and pitch of my voice,what would i need ?where can i get these things and what price range in and around would i be looking at?and can anyone tell what a 4 track recorder is?by the way im trying to do rap music,thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

don't buy anything in dublin. You'll pay an extortionate price. check out audacity and google 'multitrack recording'.
    Best of luck to you and welcome to the world of recording:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 asian-monkey

Try "Adobe Audition 2.0" for multi track recording.

Record one equipment at a time...

Say: First u record u'r vocal part..
    Then: Select next track and arch it for Recording (while the first track just plays u'r vocal).
    And so on.. record all u'r instruments.

Alternatively, u can get a 4 track or 8 track or whatever track mixer u want to record all the instrument together and feed it to pc. (it won't cost much for 4-8 track mixer)

If you have the budget "Yamaha Digital workstation 16-track" won't cost more than 900 euro. It's suitable for home recording and has all in one package. Google for features.

Good luck

Advertisement