Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas & Esb box locations

• 06-05-2006 12:54pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HI,

need to find out the correct specs on the locations of an ESB and Gas recessed box's in a new side wall of a house.

I know they have to be x back from the edge and so high but cannot find that in fo on their web sites ??

any one have this info for me ??

thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

They must be between 1& 1.2m off the ground. Cant remember how far from front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Was also looking into this recently and Pataman is correct about the height
    for ESB boxes. However it appears to be lot less for gas recessed boxes - page 7 of
    http://www.bordgais.ie/htm/networks/pdf/Booklet%201,%20Bord%20Gais%20Technical%20Manual%2001.06.05.pdf
    suggests just 300mm.

Guidelines fo ESB meter boxes can be found here:
    http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/downloads/national_code_of_practice_3rd_edition.pdf

In both cases to be within 2m of front on building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

In both cases to be within 2m of front on building.

The front is seen as the side of the house that the entrance to the site/grounds is on. I was allowed to put the ESB box on the back of the house as the entrance comes in at the gable/side of the house. However check with whoever is in charge of instillations in your area which is what I did, there can be some confusion about the interpritation of the rules concerning this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

count yourself lucky you dont live in an apartment.
    It took me, several NTL installers, several Bord Gais, and several Eircon & ESB installers from november - january to find the ones here because of insane builders and architects. :rolleyes:

b

Advertisement