Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rey Mysterio- Booked to failure

• 06-05-2006 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

People argued whether he should or should not have got the belt. But he did.

However, the way they have booked him over the last few months at least in my opinon has crippled him from having any sort of a long term successful run.

I was gonna write about all the things WWE have booked which created this. But basically their booking him to be a loser. Not an underdog. But a loser. He's done more jobs than Funaki on Smackdown over the last 5 months.

I'm not saying he could make a big money champion. But to me their booking him to fail and will probably lose the belt to JBL be it at Judgement day or not long thereafter.

I just think they have n't even given him a chance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Have to agree, this "Underdog Champion" stuff is just setting him up as lucky and inferior, sure he's smaller then then rest but they should focus on his abilities not this underdog crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah,
    having him lose to Mark Henry without any cheating
    this week was a dumb idea. They'll probably have lose to The Great Khali next week.
    The underdog thing is understandable if he was an underdog but he's more of a jobber imo. Lost to Angle and Orton before WM and then almost lost to Angle last week. He then came out on SD and said he was going to tap if not for Mark Henry :confused:
    Couldn't see him as champ much longer anyway but this just makes his title reign meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Agreed. There's a stark contrast between the two World Champions. Cena always seesm to overcome the odds on Raw yet Mysterio doesn't come across as worthy of wearing the belt on Smackdown.

They should have let Rey go over Angle and Henry, even if it was by roll-up victories, rather than have him on the verge of defeat against Angle and cleanly pinned by Henry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

rey roll up henry??? how do u suggest he do that considering one of henry's legs is the size of rey.

anyway, i'm beginning to get p***ed off, rey is one of my fav wrestlers and they book him this way??? why???:mad: enough with the underdog crap and enough already with eddie chants... :( every time rey comes out it's always the eddie chants. we all miss eddie, but rey is his own person and at least call his name during a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

How can WWE book him to beat someone the size of Henry (regardless of ability) when he's 5"2'! Same against Angle, he doesnt have the size or the credibility to beat an olimpic gold medalist (remember wrestling has to be believable to attract viewers). You can probably tell by this that im not a big fan of Mysterio's abilities. Imo, his mic skills are weak and he comes accross as a complete idiot while doing a promo - he doesnt have very much charisma either imo. Every Rey match has the same unrealistics moves at the same point in the match, with his opponent always ending up leaning on the 2nd rope for the finish - boring! He also isnt believable enough as a top championship contender either - the booking even BEFORE wrestlemania reinforced this, nevermind the way he's been booked as champ.

Fair enough, the booking committee havnt exactly made it easy for Rey to prove his critics wrong!
    enough with the underdog crap and enough already with eddie chants... :( every time rey comes out it's always the eddie chants. we all miss eddie, but rey is his own person and at least call his name during a match.

I agree 100% with regard to the above quote - however, Rey doesnt seem to have the charisma to forge his own personality in order to connect with the audience. What's his gimmick? He's a high-flyer who wears a mask - thats it! Im baffled that they actually gave him the belt to begin with.

Sorry Mysterio fans, that's jsut my opinion on the matter.

• Advertisement

How can WWE book him to beat someone the size of Henry (regardless of ability) when he's 5"2'!

The same way they booked Eddie to go over Brock Lesnar, the same way they booked John Cena to go over Big Show, the same way they booked Zach Gowen to go over Big Show etc. It wouldn't exactly be unprecedented...
    Same against Angle, he doesnt have the size or the credibility to beat an olimpic gold medalist

Huh? Angle's not that big.
    (remember wrestling has to be believable to attract viewers).

LOL! Priceless comment. This is a company that portrays Kane as going insane - AND ALLOWS US TO HEAR THE VOICES IN HIS HEAD. This is a company that had Randy Orton supposedly losing his mind over The Undertaker - AND SHOWED US THE THINGS ORTON WAS SEEING.

Believable to attract viewers my arse. You're telling me people can put up with the above bull**** yet they can't fathom that Rey Mysterio - who is a better wrestler than Henry - might actually get a win? Henry can barely move for crying out loud.
    You can probably tell by this that im not a big fan of Mysterio's abilities. Imo, his mic skills are weak and he comes accross as a complete idiot while doing a promo - he doesnt have very much charisma either imo. Every Rey match has the same unrealistics moves at the same point in the match, with his opponent always ending up leaning on the 2nd rope for the finish - boring! He also isnt believable enough as a top championship contender either - the booking even BEFORE wrestlemania reinforced this, nevermind the way he's been booked as champ.

Not a fan of his abilities? Well you're entitled to your opinions. Apparently you like to see the big guys dominate since it's more believable so maybe one day you'll get your dream match of Mark Henry vs The Great Khali.

Personally though I'd choose Rey over them every time.

Not a fan of his abilities? Well you're entitled to your opinions. Apparently you like to see the big guys dominate since it's more believable so maybe one day you'll get your dream match of Mark Henry vs The Great Khali.

Have to agree with that, my bugbear with WWE over the last few years is how they've booked the cruiserweights:confused: . Just one look at TNAs X Division would show them how to use cruiserweights properly. Not feeding them to idiotic things like the Great Khali:mad: . Rey is ten times the wrestler Henry is and I'd believe him beating Henry no problem as Henry could'nt move fast enough to hit Ray if Ray moved at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cookie dough 61

Rey deserved a top belt. He's practically at verteran status but I agree that recent weeks have been a puzzler. Maybe he'll 'destroy' JBL at Judgement Day. The only logic I can see in giving JBL the belt is for Batista to win it back on his return....!??!

Rey can be a good champion but they arent doing him any favours. A victory over Khali (that'll be a TERRIBLE match by the way) and JBL at Judgement Day should get Rey respect. If he drops the belt at the PPV, what the hell did he even win it for!!?? And don't say 'Eddie'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i've said it before and i'll keep saying it. he belongs in the cruiserweight division. yes, he is talented, but he is not heavyweight championship material.
    i'm off now to convienently fall onto the middle ropes after a kick to the back of my legs. someone from naas is going to do the 045 on me.

julep wrote:
    i've said it before and i'll keep saying it. he belongs in the cruiserweight division. yes, he is talented, but he is not heavyweight championship material.

He's immensely talented, he sells merchandise and he's been around for years. So why is he not heavyweight championship material?

If your argument is based on his size then you must concede that HBK was never championship material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

at some point in the 90's there was a light heavy weight title. the weight limit was 220. you may recall owen hart having a gimmick where he pretended to be under 220 in order to enter the tournament and win the title. hbk was/is over 220 and therefore falls into the wwe heavyweight catergory. rey mysterio is 150 lbs.
    finlay is extremely talented. where's his title?
    hbk still gets huge pops at every show. where's his belt?
    benoit. enough said.
    regal. same as.
    christ, even eugene can pull off a good match, yet he is given a ridiculous gimmick and put in midcard matches.

as ar as i'm concerned, rey is far too small to be taken seriously as a heavyweight. champion or not. i hated his push over nash and the giant in the wcw and i hate his current run as champion. i like a little bit of believability in a wrestling show. this is stretching it too far.

julep wrote:
    at some point in the 90's there was a light heavy weight title. the weight limit was 220. you may recall owen hart having a gimmick where he pretended to be under 220 in order to enter the tournament and win the title. hbk was/is over 220 and therefore falls into the wwe heavyweight catergory. rey mysterio is 150 lbs.

Do you really think Shawn Michaels is over 220 pounds? Do you really think Undertaker was ever 7ft as he was once advertised? You might recall a few years ago the WWE did a storyline where Christian had to lose weight to qualify for the Light Heavyweight title. The same storyline was done with Matt Hardy for a shot at the cruiserweight title. Do you really think these storylines were real and that they were legitimately trying to qualify for a title shot? Get real.
    julep wrote:
    finlay is extremely talented. where's his title?
    hbk still gets huge pops at every show. where's his belt?
    benoit. enough said.
    regal. same as.

Benoit and HBK had their respective runs. Why shouldn't Mysterio get a turn after all his great matches? Regal and Finlay aren't over enough to be given the strap.
    julep wrote:
    christ, even eugene can pull off a good match, yet he is given a ridiculous gimmick and put in midcard matches.

Let me get this straight - you're unhappy with Rey having the World Title as he's not "championship material" yet in your eyes Eugene should be given a title run? So Eugene is championship material? Really?
    julep wrote:
    as ar as i'm concerned, rey is far too small to be taken seriously as a heavyweight. champion or not.

No one's asking you to buy him as a heavyweight. Just because he holds the heavyweight belt doesn't mean he automatically becomes a heavyweight. I repeat my earlier question. Why is Rey not championship material? Your weight excuse is just a joke.
    julep wrote:
    i hated his push over nash and the giant in the wcw and i hate his current run as champion. i like a little bit of believability in a wrestling show. this is stretching it too far.

If you want believability in a wrestling show then you should have given up on Smackdown a long time ago. Soon they're going to inflict a leprechaun upon Finlay for crying out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The debate on Rey should or should he not be the champ has been gone over here a good few times.

I think he did deserve it for a lot of reasons (great great ability, appeals to everyone, sells merchandise, has been carrying Smackdown ratings ever since his programme with Eddie, appeals to the huge Latino audience who watch Smackdown which again keeps it a float and I think he does have an "it" factor about him.)

Thats not really the issue though. He is the champ.

And their booking of him is just bizarre. They have been jobbing him to everyone over the last 6 months. You need to protect a guy like Rey. And anyone who thinks there going to make Great Khali job for him, I think they'll be wrong.

Its like the WWE are not even trying to get him over as a champ. My point is they should at least try. Try and get him over instead of portraying their top champion on the brand as a charity case jobber who got lucky at wrestlemania.

According to pwinsider.com
    "Last night's edition of Smackdown did a 2.3 overnight broadcast rating, with a 4 share. The number has been dropping steadily of late. The scary thing about last night is that the brand wasn't even preempted in New York, which is has been of late."

They may have damaged Rey as a ratings draw in the way they have portrayed him by the lok of Smackdowns ratings recently.

Rey deserved a top belt. He's practically at verteran status but I agree that recent weeks have been a puzzler. Maybe he'll 'destroy' JBL at Judgement Day. The only logic I can see in giving JBL the belt is for Batista to win it back on his return....!??!

Rey can be a good champion but they arent doing him any favours. A victory over Khali (that'll be a TERRIBLE match by the way) and JBL at Judgement Day should get Rey respect. If he drops the belt at the PPV, what the hell did he even win it for!!?? And don't say 'Eddie'...

of course he deserved to be champ, he's worked his butt off in the wwe, he had produced great matches and he was already near the top wrestlers stage on smackdown i feel anyway before eddie passed away, was it because of eddie that rey was getting a push???? no i dont think so. rey was set to be getting a push anyway.

but they way there protraying rey right now is absolute shocking.. probably one of the worst bookings i have ever seen in a long time for a world champ, there probably has been worse, but as of right now there making this look bad. and nxt week, it's set to get worse and worse, rey 5ft 4 170 pounds vs 7ft 3 khali... unless some one ie undertaker or i'm praying and hoping a returning batista interferes in this match....other than that it's gonna be the worst match ever.

i saw the ratings for smackdown, are they now going to do the same thing that they did when eddie was champ??? ie blame rey for the ratings drop... cause theres no one else to blame only the wwe for the crap that there giving us at the moment. raw saw the light on monday after joey styles promo. smackdown is sadly in the dark. i remember when smackdown was bloody fantastic.... this is not bloody fantastic

The same way they booked Eddie to go over Brock Lesnar, the same way they booked John Cena to go over Big Show, the same way they booked Zach Gowen to go over Big Show etc. It wouldn't exactly be unprecedented...

When Eddie was booked to go over Brock, he was super over with the audience and also Eddie was 225lbs and about half a foot taller than Mysterio! Cena was able to lift Big Show on his shoulders and give him the FU - both make more sense than Mysterio drop toe holding Henry on to the middle rope and giving him the 619.
    Huh? Angle's not that big.

I meant that Mysterio doesnt have the size/ power to combat Angle's technical ability - while the 2 had a great match, it just doesnt make sense to me for Mysterio to go over.
    LOL! Priceless comment. This is a company that portrays Kane as going insane - AND ALLOWS US TO HEAR THE VOICES IN HIS HEAD. This is a company that had Randy Orton supposedly losing his mind over The Undertaker - AND SHOWED US THE THINGS ORTON WAS SEEING.

Believable to attract viewers my arse. You're telling me people can put up with the above bull**** yet they can't fathom that Rey Mysterio - who is a better wrestler than Henry - might actually get a win? Henry can barely move for crying out loud.

I agree that the Kane and Randy Orton losing their minds stuff is bs of the highest order - dont want to see that rubbish on wwe! However, if the fans dont believe the face champ stands a chance, whats their motivation to be interested in the match? Angle, HHH, Cena, Edge, HBK, Eddie were all believable champs - notice that some of them are smaller guys - i just think Mysterio is a little TOO small - all of the above are over 220lbs.

You seem to have this habit of putting words in people's mouths. When did i ever say anything about liking the big guys dominating? Id much rather see someone with a reasonable mixture of size and ability win matches - for me Angle, HBK, HHH, Cena, Batista, Edge, Austin etc all have a mixture of the two.

I certainly never said i liked either Henry or Khali! Henry has always been diabolical and Khali has looked just awful since he's come in. I would also have Mysterio as champ before either of those! Just for the record, i never EVER want to see Henry vs Khali.

When Eddie was booked to go over Brock, he was super over with the audience and also Eddie was 225lbs and about half a foot taller than Mysterio!

Rey was over too, not to the extent of Eddie but he was over with enough of the audience, and what does his height have to do with anything? Lesnar was bigger and taller in relation to Eddie than Angle was in relation to Rey.
    Cena was able to lift Big Show on his shoulders and give him the FU - both make more sense than Mysterio drop toe holding Henry on to the middle rope and giving him the 619.

As I've already pointed out, if you want "sense" then you probably shouldn't watch WWE. Did you think Zach Gowen pinning Big Show with a moonsault was realistic? How about Spirit Squad beating Big Show with a leg drop off the top rope? How about Kane's chokeslam on Show where he barely got him off the ground? Need I go on?
    I meant that Mysterio doesnt have the size/ power to combat Angle's technical ability - while the 2 had a great match, it just doesnt make sense to me for Mysterio to go over.

Angle isn't much taller than Rey and it's hardly stretching the imagination to say that Rey could outmanoeuvre Angle with his speed and agility is it?
    I agree that the Kane and Randy Orton losing their minds stuff is bs of the highest order - dont want to see that rubbish on wwe! However, if the fans dont believe the face champ stands a chance, whats their motivation to be interested in the match? Angle, HHH, Cena, Edge, HBK, Eddie were all believable champs - notice that some of them are smaller guys - i just think Mysterio is a little TOO small - all of the above are over 220lbs.

Where is your proof that Shawn Michaels has always been over 220 Ibs during his career? In reality I wager he's lighter than that.
    You seem to have this habit of putting words in people's mouths. When did i ever say anything about liking the big guys dominating?

It's called reaching a logical coonclusion. You don't like someone such as Mysterio dominating saying it's not "believable" so if you really wanted beleivability then you would prefer to see the strongest guys in the company dominating all the time. Presumably you'd like Big Show to be the WWE champion as anyone else beating him is just unrealistic.
    I certainly never said i liked either Henry or Khali! Henry has always been diabolical and Khali has looked just awful since he's come in. I would also have Mysterio as champ before either of those! Just for the record, i never EVER want to see Henry vs Khali.

Well if that's the case then why do you persist with your argument that you're agaisnt Rey as it's not believable?

There putting more effort in getting Tatanka over than Rey. Theres somthing wrong there.

It's called reaching a logical coonclusion. You don't like someone such as Mysterio dominating saying it's not "believable" so if you really wanted beleivability then you would prefer to see the strongest guys in the company dominating all the time. Presumably you'd like Big Show to be the WWE champion as anyone else beating him is just unrealistic.

The key word there is presumably - why do you presume i want Big Show as champ when i didnt say that? Imo, Big Show is a limited worker with limited mobility and should NOT be champ. While Mysterio's limitation is his size, Big Show's is his ability as a worker - i personally find most of his matches dull. If you'd actually read the post i made this morning (instead of twisting my words and presuming i meant something that i didnt say), you would have seen the part where i said the champ should be a good worker with a good physique (doesnt have to be a giant) that you would believe could beat all challengers: Neither Mysterio nor Big Show tick all of those boxes for me.
    Well if that's the case then why do you persist with your argument that you're agaisnt Rey as it's not believable?

So what you think that just becuase i dont think Mysterio has the size to be a believable champ, id like to see a match between Henry and Khali: 2 giants that blatently cant work? Making assumptions again, Mr Nice Guy. Read carefully next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think this has gone completely off topic. The statement made first day, was that Reys reign is not being done correctly, that its hurting his character, and the brand as a whole is suffering because of.

Personally I think giving the belt to Rey was a poor decision from day one. And i will agree with an above statement that a degree of 'believability' is needed, not so much storyline wise, but match wise. MNG referred to HBK being similar ie being smaller than your average 'heavyweight', but I think that is almost the crux of the matter.

HBK was built from the beginning as being a contender, whether it was in the tag team division, the IC division, whatever. Plus HBKs rise came over a number of years, culminating in a memorable fued with Bret Hart. Conversely, Rey, apart from when he was in the CW division, has ALWAYS being plugged as an under dog....ALWAYS.

Reys push toward the main event started only in November/December, in a putrid storyline which no one really felt comfortable watching. The fued(s) in the lead up didnt do much for him either, in that Angle seemed like an outsider to Orton and Rey, and even their fued seemed contrived. Then the fact that Reys win happened in a 9 minute match, and wasnt the main event didnt help either. Damn it, the fact that the Rumble didnt main event its own PPV (tm gimmick) has hindered Reys rise.

Personally I think the best Rey can 'believably' do, is be around the US/IC title scene, as plucky underdog can get over there alot easier than in the main event scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

My friend (whose name is secret) told me that JBL is going to take the belt at JD and then lose it against RVD.... but don't tell anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Rey as champ a few years ago I'd have bought. But he's gotten a good bit worse over time, his matches are all very similar these days. I don't think he shows enough ability to be champ at the moment. I know he's got the ability though, I've seen it in the past, but right now he's not good enough. WWE have ruined him in a way by always making him the underdog. I don't find it unbelievable that a small guy can beat a big guy, so it's annoying that WWE always pushes this supposed fact

My friend (whose name is secret) told me that JBL is going to take the belt at JD and then lose it against RVD.... but don't tell anyone.

Off-topic, but that might actually be more likely than RVD vs Cena for ONS. If they're starting ECW again in June before SD, then it'd be more convenient for RVD to feud with JBL, whatever way they decide to go with it

Fozzy wrote:
    , but right now he's not good enough.

With a an already bad knee that needs more surgery he can have better matches than anyone with Mark Henry. Of all the things that people question about Rey being champ, I don't think his ability should be one of them.

According to the wrestling observer newsletter the plan is still Cena v RVD. Plans change but I see JBL getting another run at the Smackdown belt. In a way it makes sense given that there so few heels on Smackdown and alot more good guys.

With a an already bad knee that needs more surgery he can have better matches than anyone with Mark Henry. Of all the things that people question about Rey being champ, I don't think his ability should be one of them.

It's just that when I see him now, I remember how good his matches used to be. His matches aren't as good anymore. It would have been great if they made him champ about 3 years ago

He's a lot different than anyone else on SD, no non-cruiserweight would be able to do work with Henry the way he does, and any other cruiserweight will always just be booked to job to Henry. I think the reason he had a good match with Henry was because he's able to pull off the "David vs Goliath" thing well. But that brings us back round to the original topic - champs shouldn't be booked like that

Fozzy wrote:
    . I think the reason he had a good match with Henry was because he's able to pull off the "David vs Goliath" thing well. But that brings us back round to the original topic - champs shouldn't be booked like that

No champs can be booked as underdogs who prevail (Shawn Michaels first run was like that when he feuded with Vader, Diesal and Sid). An underdog who beat the odds.

Champions should not be booked as losers. On Rey even beside his injuries this is just my opinion but I think hes a much smarter wrestler than he was in late 90s. Less of a spot monkey and then when he does pull one out it means alot more. But whatever floats your boat.

The 619 just really annoys me at this stage. The set-up just looks too convenient for him every time. When he first came into WWE, I don't remember him using that move to set up his finish for every match. He won them in a lot of different ways, that's what I liked about him

But you agree that being booked as an underdog is not the probelm being booked like a loser is?

Oh, yeah. But I don't think Rey should have been booked as champ at all at this stage!

Thats the issue. They give him the belt and they don't even try to get him over.

Thats the issue. They give him the belt and they don't even try to get him over.

WHICH i think is rather sad. i have not seen at any point where rey has been put over, except when he was wrestling orton.... did any one else cringe when rey said that he was ready to tap out to kurt during thier wrestling match..... when has any champion ever said such a thing???? :confused: the wwe are killing poor oul rey here and they dont seem to care.....

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    The 619 just really annoys me at this stage. The set-up just looks too convenient for him every time. When he first came into WWE, I don't remember him using that move to set up his finish for every match. He won them in a lot of different ways, that's what I liked about him

I competely agree - it just doesnt make sense that every match ends that way (opponent on the 2nd rope - usually from a drop toe-hold) and the lack of variety makes it a dull and boring finish. Perhaps if he used something else and did the 619 less regularly, the move might start meaning something again.

Also, by having a champ that they book as a loser, they are devaluing the belt. In other words, if you dont put over the champ, you dont put over the belt.

Also, by having a champ that they book as a loser, they are devaluing the belt. In other words, if you dont put over the champ, you dont put over the belt.

So book him better. There not even trying to make his run work long term. He's booked as a novelty champion instead of a legitimate one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i think what they are doing with mysterio is an attempt to preserve the bigger wrestlers.
    if he beats a bigger wrestler straight up, questions would be surrounding that characters ability or lack thereof to deal with a cruiserweight, if he sneaks the victory it doesn't devalue the opponent as much.
    whihc brings us back to the main poin i see here, they don't want to devalue the bigger characters but by doing this they are devalueing the champ

if he sneaks the victory it doesn't devalue the opponent as much.

But he has n't even been sneaking victories. He's been losing.

So book him better. There not even trying to make his run work long term. He's booked as a novelty champion instead of a legitimate one.

before i would have given out about some one saying rey is a transitional champ. but to be honest, he actually is.... and i am dying for him to lose the damn belt, just not to JBL.... please i'll cry buckets if that happens:( just put rey back on the winning side again.... if they dont there gonna kill rey's future.

So now that Rey got squashed again. Maybe he'll put over the leprechaun midget next week.

• Advertisement

i thought smackdown was bad last week, from what i heard this week it was worse.... and rey gets squashed by khali... humph. wheres undertaker and batista when u need them.... :(

Logically we need Henry and Khali to have a no. 1 contender's match now

Fozzy wrote:

No! Please god, no!

Fozzy wrote:

OH NO, it cant get any worse like.....

can it???

What was the point in feeding Mysterio to the Great Krapi? It wasn't even a match, it was a huge squash, can anyone remember any champion from any company beaten like that? The Smackdown "Creative" team should all by sacked on the back of Reys title reign they have totaly devauled the belt and Mysterio will never be taken seriously again.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BTW rumour has it that once the Great Krapi is done against the Undertaker that he will be consigned to the WWE dustbin, let's hope so.:D

• Advertisement

Unless Rey beats JBL, and he's not expected to, I really don't see what the WWE "Creative" team is playing at.

They are destroying Mysterio's credibility as a champion when they were supposed to be working at increasing it.

Unless Rey beats JBL, and he's not expected to, I really don't see what the WWE "Creative" team is playing at.

They are destroying Mysterio's credibility as a champion when they were supposed to be working at increasing it.

Even he does beat him. They have still destroyed him. Some guys can afford to lose and still maintian crediblity (Flair, Foley Triple H etc) Rey is not one of those guys. Honestly I just don't get it.

I reckon he will retain before losing it at the Great American Bash.

what are the creative team (if u could call them that) smoking????? what the fawk are they going to do with rey after this like???? not only are they ruining the world title, but there also ruining the man that is rey mysterio.... who is gonna take him seriously after getting beatin by two big men that cant even bloody wrestle???? unless they do a swerve and keep rey as champ after the j.d ppv..... the wwe seemed to be liking doing surprize turn arounds at the moment.... this might just be on of them. praying that it is.... i wont be watching smackdown while jbl is champ :mad: :mad:

Seriously he's got to retain at Judgemnt day. He's got to. He's still ruined but that would just crush him.

Then again the way Rey has been booked if JBL beats him, he's beaten nothing. But if JBL does n't beat him that makes him nothing too. If you follow that slightly twisted logic.

Seriously he's got to retain at Judgemnt day. He's got to. He's still ruined but that would just crush him.

Then again the way Rey has been booked if JBL beats him, he's beaten nothing. But if JBL does n't beat him that makes him nothing too. If you follow that slightly twisted logic.

i do actually, there gonna have to do some thing bloody spectacular to get the man's career back on track if he does lose to jbl.... cause 2 months of a title reign has pretty much killed the 4 or 5 years work that he has done since joining wwe.... stupid wwe writers :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Some guys can afford to lose and still maintian crediblity (Flair, Foley Triple H etc) Rey is not one of those guys.
    ah now come on, rey could have afforded to lose 1 or 2 matches and still remain credible, not as many as he has lost but saying rey mysterio should never lose ever cause it will effect how he's viewed sounds like partisan fanboyism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Mysterio has a knee injury, so that's probably why they're giving him such a bad losing streak... apparently they're gonna give him a good push when his knee's sorted out. But I agree, it's pointless putting him in matches against the likes of Mark Henry and the "Great" Khali.

Mysterio has a knee injury, so that's probably why they're giving him such a bad losing streak..

So you beat your champion repeatedly because he'll need surgery soon. I can't follow that logic. I did n't see Austin losing too many times when his neck was banged up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrianShelley

Rey the type of guy who will never give up fighting. Look he took on mark henry even though mark henry would destory him

ah now come on, rey could have afforded to lose 1 or 2 matches and still remain credible, not as many as he has lost but saying rey mysterio should never lose ever cause it will effect how he's viewed sounds like partisan fanboyism :)

It's not that he lost, it's how he lost, he was squashed clean by two guys who aren't main event stars, if he'd lost through interference or even after getting in some offence it wouldn't be so bad.

This is the worst title run I've ever seen, it's even worse than Kanes' 24 hour run, at least Kane was credible when he lost, Mysterio would have been better off if he'd never got the belt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement