Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomcat Uninstall - Major Problem

Options
  • 06-05-2006 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had about 10 websites I have been working on for the last two years deleted from the TOMCAT_INSTALL/webapps/ROOT directory. When I uninstalled Tomcat it asked me did I want to keep these. I said 'yes' and after then uninstall was complete I went to check this directory and it was EMPTY ! Im at a huge loss with this because a site I had just been working on today for the last 4 HOURS is now gone.

Does anyone here know, would tomcat move these off to a different directory when the uninstall is complete ? Is there any way I can recover these files ??

I was running Tomcat 4.1 on Windows XP Service pack 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Best to read these mesages.

Fire up an undelete program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

I actually clicked 'No' indicating that I wanted to keep all the stuff I had created and it still deleted it for some reason, or moved it. I wouldn't be so sloppy about this in fairness. !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

So 'yes' means 'no'? Oh..got yore number!
    If you had clicked No - they'd be there.
    Get an undelete program and use it. Stop writing to the disk in the meantime to be on the safe side.
    Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishmilk

try "easy recovery", "final data". these two saved my most data on a formated HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

I used PC Inspector File Recovery and recovered all but 2 files from the 'webapps/ROOT' diretory for the old tomcat installation. I stand by my claim that I chose not to have this directory deleted. After the uninstall, the webapps directory remained with 2 XML files in it but no ROOT directory. If I chose to completely wipe the Tomcat installation, it would have wiped all this too no ?

Just a warning, backup all your stuff before uninstalling tomcat and installing a newer copy. I was lucky to recover all my stuff. Now if only they could get it right the next time so peoples stuff isn't deleted.

Thanks for all your replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement