Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crickets n live food for 4euro!!!

Options
  • 06-05-2006 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I just went into town to get some food for my beardies and im not sure was it an offer for regulars only but i got my crickets and locusts for €4.00 a box!!!

And there top quality boxes(packed) not last weeks or anything i think its just a bargin :) might post it in the bargin thread cause everyone else i know is paying 5euro a box ... big difference.

It's McElheron Reptiles on wellington quay, templebar... beside the clarence hotel

let me know if anyone else goes in and gets this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I am paying 6 euros for mine, Dude prefers Locusts so it works out a bit more as I have to get more boxes for him

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

ouch 6 euro it must be in the middle of no where to get away with them prices?... so you would get 3 for the price of two

and the beardies would definitly rather eat locus then anything else but i try to get a mix ... bit of excersise for them chasing the crickets haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

isnt that the boardwalk petshop or is there a reptile shop down there as well?

my two scorps dont eat nearly enough crix to make any price a bargain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

it's the same place bambi

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

oh right, thanks tallus, i thought it might be but there's sod all reptiles in there that i've seen :confused:

• Advertisement

yeah haven't been in there in a few years myself, I dealt with thomas in the past.

PTL wrote:
    ouch 6 euro it must be in the middle of no where to get away with them prices?... so you would get 3 for the price of two

and the beardies would definitly rather eat locus then anything else but i try to get a mix ... bit of excersise for them chasing the crickets haha.

Galway city prices, both pet shops charge the same.

Yeah I think mine is the same, would rather the food comes to him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 snakeleg

fantastic frozen food prices
    thomas breeds most of the reptiles as well.
    his advice is pricelesssss:

Went in again and it was 4 euro a box for any live food(crickets,mealworm,waxworms,locusts, etc), theres a sign in the window, may madness or may special or something, the last week of may im going to buy 2-3 weeks worth cause the boxes are packed n healthy, i havnt seen boxes like these since pre millenium :) mother red cap days haha

and i actually said **** it and took a leaf outa your book tcob and just got all locus for them :) id be feeding them hand caught crickets outa the phoenix park if i had to pay 6euro haha :)

PTL wrote:
    Went in again and it was 4 euro a box for any live food(crickets,mealworm,waxworms,locusts, etc), theres a sign in the window, may madness or may special or something, the last week of may im going to buy 2-3 weeks worth cause the boxes are packed n healthy, i havnt seen boxes like these since pre millenium :) mother red cap days haha

and i actually said **** it and took a leaf outa your book tcob and just got all locus for them :) id be feeding them hand caught crickets outa the phoenix park if i had to pay 6euro haha :)

LOL, I wish I had the time to travel as I would by them for €4 a box as well :)

• Advertisement

i was going to say i could see will he post them but then again posting live locusts might be illegal or something then the cost of postage would probably bring it up to 6euro a box hahaha do you know anyone who commutes to dublin for work or a mate who goes to college here?

snakeleg wrote:
    fantastic frozen food prices
    thomas breeds most of the reptiles as well.
    his advice is pricelesssss:
    I totally agree snakeleg, dealing with him for about 14 years, tho not lately. He knows his stuff, as far as I know he was the first person to breed carpet pythons in Ireland, but I could be wrong there.

PTL wrote:
    i was going to say i could see will he post them but then again posting live locusts might be illegal or something then the cost of postage would probably bring it up to 6euro a box hahaha do you know anyone who commutes to dublin for work or a mate who goes to college here?

The only ones I know would kill me if I asked them to do that :) You can post, well I have had Silkworms posted from the UK, but it is getting too hot now for that

I do be fecking amazed talking to him about what he is breeding, he has got some great stuff on the go but cant say anything incase its a secret :) He helped me breed my corn snakes before and set up the incubator and all, top man! Im seriously looking at buying the rainbow boa he has in there its absolutly gorgeous.

tcob arnt friends great... there ment to be there for you but as soon as you ask them to pick up live bugs they freak out haha you'd wonder why wouldnt you haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 therocks

I know that Kinsealy Pet store have them for €5 a box.

Don't need them myself but a friend has a vivarium and he gets them there .. No help for the Galwegians I'm afraid though!

Its mad the price difference from shop to shop ... i used to get them in reptile heaven but feck it im going to shop around especially if your getting 4-5 boxes a week minimum.

The way i look at it is that thomas gave me a free pint on saturday night haha mmmm free drink tastes so good haha

therocks, I went to Petsmart in Galway as I had run out and my usual spot only gets them in to order, I paid €7.49 for about 8 locusts and not big ones either. I would have refused them but my usual spot doesn't get them in until Thursday

Advertisement