Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an LCD HDTV

• 06-05-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend a decent 26-32 inch LCD HD ready tv for approx 1600, i've been looking around an there are quite a few however i get so many different spiels from sellers i don't know what to believe, any advice is much appreciated, i 've been gettin depressed, one guys telling me only get sony, another guys telling me steer clear of sony. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dizzywizzard

Hi,

I've got a sharp aquos 32" Panel and I would nothing but recommend it.

I done a lot of looking around before I purchased. Make sure if your in a store that there not showing shrek or some other cartoon on the panel because this makes them look a hell of a lot better than they usually are. I got mine in Harvey Norman in swords. There is a DID out there and I ran between the two of them getting a price on paper then going back to the other one... Ended up getting the panel 150 euro cheaper a wicked glass stand thrown in to boot:)

Dizzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

have a look here http://tinyurl.com/q3qxj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

These are all great for that price:

Viewsonic N3260"
    Hyundai Q321
    Medialine 3200DWDL

They all have a screen resolution of 1366 x 768, which is necessary for True HD TV.

I've got a 32" Sharp Aquos myself but the resolution is only 960 x 540.
    Even at this low resolution the xbox 360 high def looks amazing but it's even better on the models noted above.

Regards,

Jared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Also, beware of "HD ready" brand TV's.

Most of these are just HD compatible i.e. capable of displayin a scaled down high definition signal.

You need at least 720 lines of resolution for what is classed as High Definition television.

There are four main grades of High Definition Signal:

720i (720 lines Interlaced Scan)
    720p (720 lines Progressive Scan)
    1080i
    1080p

1080p is the best and only available on top of the range plasmas and lcds and projectors, not currently avaliable for home use. Prices are too high.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

thanks for all the advice folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Don't trust the guys in the shops. While most of them are probably fine, there's quite a few who either don't know what they're talking about, or are pushing a certain line regardless of what you need.

I got a Samsung LE32R41B from www.savastore.com last October, very happy with it. 1270 incl VAT and delivery, took 4 working days to arrive. At their current price it looks like about EUR 1150 now. But that was my budget limit at the time, plus there may be newer/better models now.

Have a look at avforums.com, lots of good advice on there.

Also there 's some info at http://www.eicta.org/press.asp?level2=24&level1=6&level0=1&year=2005&docid=398 on what constitutes HD ready and what's required to allow a TV to display the official HD ready logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dizzywizzard

Attreu wrote:
    I've got a 32" Sharp Aquos myself but the resolution is only 960 x 540.
    Even at this low resolution the xbox 360 high def looks amazing but it's even better on the models noted above.

Regards,

Jared

I got the old Aquos (Old Now!) It's not the PAL one that is currently out. You can still get it from sharp and from other sites and it's slightly more pricey than the new 'PAL' flavour ones that they are doing..

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_12373214/100311823.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got a Hitachi 32Ld7200 - very pleased with it. Far be it from me to plug another forum but there's loads of info over at avforums (possibly more than you need!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I just got the latest 37" LCD from Samsung, the R7 range, Contrast 5000:1 and 8ms responce time. I think it is a very good screen. They have it in the 32".
    See link
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le26r74bdxxeu.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I'd suggest you make sure to get one with HDMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi,

Does anybody know the exact model number for the Hyundai 32" LCD on special from Xtra-vision?

Is it the Q321 or Q320?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

The model is A320 ... see the other thread in Bargain Alerts, and follow the links to the Websites that reviewed the TV. Seems like a great buy...

Advertisement