Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Charge For Leaving?

• 06-05-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I know sombody who has just changed from an Eircom telephone deal to using TalkTalk as their phone provider. Eircom are still providing the Dial Up account from which this enquiry is being posted. A charge of €25.88 was made on this months bill for 'Eircom Net Flat Rate Termination Subscription', but the account is still active. Eircom dont answer the phone. Can they charge you for not using their service? Does this happen if you leave them for Smart - when Smart is available in this area? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

If you are trying to contact Eircom from a Talk Talk line 1901 does not work, you can still call them from a mobile on 1901 for free though. Strange but thats the way the TAlk Talk sevice works.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Thanks, but I wonder does anybody know about the 'Eircom Flat Rate Termination Subscription' charge?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Thanks, but I wonder does anybody know about the 'Eircom Flat Rate Termination Subscription' charge?

As always in these cases only the company concerned can deal with the exact circumstances of the particular case - terms and conditions here -

http://home.eircom.net/products/flatrate/terms

9.8 might be relevant in this case?
    9.8 eircom net Subscription Service customers may terminate this Agreement with eircom net by serving thirty (30) days prior notice in writing to eircom net. eircom net Pay As You Go Customers may terminate their service by discontinuing use. Customers are liable for all call charges up to the date of termination. Customers who terminate prior to the end of an eircom net Subscription billing cycle are liable for all charges up to the end of that billing cycle.

Also have a look at 5.8 and 3.1 - might also be relvant in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

That's it. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

A charge of €25.88 was made on this months bill for 'Eircom Net Flat Rate Termination Subscription', but the account is still active. Eircom dont answer the phone. .

I think this is the prorated final charge (on an eircom bill) for your eircomnet flat rate subscription.
    It iks not an extra charge for leaving.
    Is this on the final eircom bill? There should be a charge from that date on the olo's bill eg smart or talk talk

• Advertisement
Advertisement