Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late last night (5 May)

• 06-05-2006 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the name of the doctor who was on last night who is planning on running for FG in the next election?.....the one with all the answers? :rolleyes:

Also does anyone have or know where to get a transcript of what he said? I remember thinking he was saying some crackpot sh1t!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭catholicireland

yeah, make all drugs legal etc.
    Just another reason why Fine Gael is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

dunno - but it will prob be listed here
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

TheVan wrote:
    Can anyone tell me the name of the doctor who was on last night who is planning on running for FG in the next election?.....the one with all the answers? :rolleyes:

Also does anyone have or know where to get a transcript of what he said? I remember thinking he was saying some crackpot sh1t!!!

Bill Tormey was it? Might have the first name wrong..he used to run as an independent in the D11 region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Thanks! That's him alright......

I would say more but I would be banned....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

can ye give a bit of a summary of what he was saying? re: drugs, etc.

i saw a bit about people with neurological diseases and such, but the doctor there seemed normal enough...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

I didn't see the whole show, but was amused by that one from .. one of those girly bands Liz mc Liverpool with her sex advice. More "ehhhhh's" than Bertie, and more blush than bosco with high blood pressure. What teen would listen to her? Speaking of high BP, there was some red-headed chick in the audience, when she made her comment regarding STI's .. I thought she was gonna have a 'connery' :) *total panic*.

The best that can be done in these situ's is a combo of advice and access to contraception. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

ST* wrote:
    I didn't see the whole show, but was amused by that one from .. one of those girly bands Liz mc Liverpool with her sex advice. More "ehhhhh's" than Bertie, and more blush than bosco with high blood pressure. What teen would listen to her? Speaking of high BP, there was some red-headed chick in the audience, when she made her comment regarding STI's .. I thought she was gonna have a 'connery' :) *total panic*.

The best that can be done in these situ's is a combo of advice and access to contraception. End of.

To be fair the reason she was there was for any kiddies that would be watching so as to make them think that yes not everyone is jumping in the sack at such a young age.

I only saw a small bit of it but i think that whole part came across very poor. The people in the audience all pretty much said the same thing, that everyone was having sex at a very young age, when in fact no not everyone goes with this attitude. I was glad to see one of the people on the panel finally say that this is not aimed at everyone. However i do believe they could have covered the topic a lot better and with a much better audience :rolleyes:

The doctor I was referring to was talking about his plans to sort the health system out......he's standing for FG in the next election and to be honest, he seemed to be a crank. I'm open to correction on anything he said and as I mentioned, I'd love to see the transcript but...
    1. He wants to screen people re-entering the country for aids.....as if it doesn't already exist in Ireland? (apparently he made some slightly racist comment under his breath re sub-saharan africa as well but I can't be definite on that one)
    2. He thinks that people who are guilty of anti-social behaviour should all be made live in the same estate on the same road and that will solve anti-social problems
    3. He kept claiming he had the solution to the health service but didnt seem to be able to come up with a concrete viable plan

Anyone else remember what else he said?

Btw, this is the guy who claims Dr. Marie Cassidy, the state pathologist was wrong re dermot laide and brian murphy recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i thought the guy with tourettes was a legend. :)

typical aer lingus digging themselves a hole by refusing him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what was that story, with the tourettes guy, saw him on tv before, thought it was funny when yerman on end was going on to much with his 'funny' storiesm he yelped 'hurry up' sometimes we should say what we think

is that FG candidate previously a councillor? total populist manhoare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

AFAIK the late late is repeated on monday nights. You might like to check it out again, that FG candidate was pretty passionate alright.

Passionately crazy! I might....have an exam on tuesday morning in International Business Law :eek:

Might get the parents to tape it or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

lets see.... asking about a television program.... i wonder what board this would be suited.... hmm i know, perhaps the television board....

Moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

yeah, make all drugs legal etc.

I didn't see it coz I never watch the show but that sounds like a good idea to me. Probably a bit too forward thinking and visionary for this country right now though unfortunately...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

TheVan wrote:
    The doctor I was referring to was talking about his plans to sort the health system out......he's standing for FG in the next election and to be honest, he seemed to be a crank. I'm open to correction on anything he said and as I mentioned, I'd love to see the transcript but...
    1. He wants to screen people re-entering the country for aids.....as if it doesn't already exist in Ireland? (apparently he made some slightly racist comment under his breath re sub-saharan africa as well but I can't be definite on that one)
    2. He thinks that people who are guilty of anti-social behaviour should all be made live in the same estate on the same road and that will solve anti-social problems
    3. He kept claiming he had the solution to the health service but didnt seem to be able to come up with a concrete viable plan

Anyone else remember what else he said?

Btw, this is the guy who claims Dr. Marie Cassidy, the state pathologist was wrong re dermot laide and brian murphy recently!

If the above stuff is true that's pretty funny; I agree in theory about people coming into the country being tested, why not? The one problem is that there are countless people in the country that got here without people knowing, so even if every genuine immigrant and asylum seeker got tested it wouldn't really solve any problems.
    His second point is moronic; no one likes to have yobs living on their street but putting them all in one area is just asking for trouble; estate after estate in places like Ballymun was destroyed for this exact reason. Why not put all the paedo's together too? That way they don't have to chat and trade online, they can just drop in for a cup of tea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

flogen wrote:
    If the above stuff is true that's pretty funny; I agree in theory about people coming into the country being tested, why not? The one problem is that there are countless people in the country that got here without people knowing, so even if every genuine immigrant and asylum seeker got tested it wouldn't really solve any problems.
    His second point is moronic; no one likes to have yobs living on their street but putting them all in one area is just asking for trouble; estate after estate in places like Ballymun was destroyed for this exact reason. Why not put all the paedo's together too? That way they don't have to chat and trade online, they can just drop in for a cup of tea...

Watching the repeat now.

He said that he wanted everyone coming from Africa to be tested for HIV, including returning missionaries, and that it was so that people themselves could know and be treated with the appropriate drugs, and that he didn't believe they should be turned away from the country.

The sex education thing is on now, Pat Kenny is asking rabbit in headlights teenagers about oral sex.

Advertisement