Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A thread to moan and groan!

Options
  • 06-05-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I got up this morning with the intention of doing a good days study alas my wish was futile! I ended up doing an hour of maths and then after that I watched four hours of mindless television and now I am on this!! :( ahhhhhhhhh! I'm sick of it all! I'm sure everyone else is going through the same thing! so be happy to post your sad stories here! Oh Timay please do not get rid of this thread!it will help to get rid of so many peoples feelings of anxiety! (for those who want nothing to serious go to random thread!:D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Did the leaving in 1988. Still have nightmares about it 18 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yep...I had one of those days today. Due to a number of reasons not confined to the leaving cert, I'm having a crap day today and I had stuff on my mind which meant I was never going to get much study done. Feck sake. I haven't even properly started revising for maths or geography yet too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

this talk discusts me. what exactly is the problem? you intended to do study and didnt :rolleyes: oh yes, how terrible and frustrating.

nobody cares about how anyone feels, it doesnt matter. my opinion - if you have any sort of a life you won't have time for study.

smemon wrote:
    this talk discusts me. what exactly is the problem? you intended to do study and didnt :rolleyes: oh yes, how terrible and frustrating.

nobody cares about how anyone feels, it doesnt matter. my opinion - if you have any sort of a life you won't have time for study.

It's funny though how you cared enough to post a reply. And if you have 'any sort of life' by your logic you wouldn't be found dead on an internet message board would you?

Funkstard wrote:
    It's funny though how you cared enough to post a reply. And if you have 'any sort of life' by your logic you wouldn't be found dead on an internet message board would you?

oh yes it's hilarious, im in stitches here :cool:

incorrect, my logic is that studying is a waste of time. if you cant find anything better to do than study, i pity you.

and you dont NEED to study, its not like ur gonna fail by not studying :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Oh smemon I dont know why but for some reason I dnt hate you like everyone else! haha! and by the way you just moaned about this thread so technically thats a moan and groan so you have conformed!mwhahahahahhaha I WIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

d4gurl wrote:
    Oh smemon I dont know why but for some reason I dnt hate you like everyone else! haha! and by the way you just moaned about this thread so technically thats a moan and groan so you have conformed!mwhahahahahhaha I WIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

ah shush, ya big hyper jelly bean. :cool: it doesnt matter if you hate me or not, the fact of then matter is; people are worrying too much and studying too much.

typical irish, always leaving things to the last minute and making a big fuss out of nothing.

by the way, yes my main aim in this thread was to moan and groan :D dont worry i was well aware of that and thought id just take advantage of the fact that other people were taking me serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

All I have to say is...damn those Friends doubles every day on E4! You all know how it goes...I'll start at 8...ok, if I start at 9 I can still get an hour and a half done before bed...well ok now it's half 10, I'll only tire myself out if I even attempt anything now....Oh wudja look at that, it's June 7th, 9.25am. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

every day is ''k, my revision starts today!'... by 4.30, im leaving school far too tired after my school day to do any revision, and weekends...well i need some time off otherwise il burn mysaelf out! or so goes my justification...

I really should start....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

smemon wrote:
    ah shush, ya big hyper jelly bean.

Lmao. That's gas, that is.

I'll complain: I am pretty annoyed that I don't have the time to do so much creative and more rewarding things (for e.g my fitness has gone down down down) cos of this feck!n LC. Shag that anyway, vivement les vacances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

if it makes anyone feel better i didn't start studying until the two week break the school gave us before the leaving...and i got a great leaving cert and even better third level qualifications. and yes i remember how horrible it all was and good luck to all of you and it will haunt you for ever-but after the leaving cert-you will never face an exam as tough. get thro this and life gets easier in many ways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i feel like im missing out on something.

for years we've heard all about this dreaded leaving cert thing, but well... its not that bad..

hhmmm.

maybe im in the minority here... well, judging by this thread i am..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Rockerette wrote:

for years we've heard all about this dreaded leaving cert thing, but well... its not that bad..

hhmmm.

Its all relative. The Leaving is a piece of piss if you only need 300-400. It only gets hard and consequently stressful if you need high points 550+. It all depends on how many points you need for the course you want to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Rockerette wrote:

hhmmm.

Yeah it'll be grand I know, but it just takes up so much time. Soon, my friends.

Imagine 6 weeks ago: End of March/ start of April. Not that long ago eh? LC is only 6 weeks away, it'll fly by so I guess I'll remain tolerant and realistic. Or try at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I always have big plans that fail miserably. i try my best. Im looking forward to the end. I can smell summer and freedom. Wouldn't you hate to be a fifth year now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

NADA wrote:
    I always have big plans that fail miserably. i try my best. Im looking forward to the end. I can smell summer and freedom. Wouldn't you hate to be a fifth year now!
    defo!! this summer is gonna be legendary..to be honest i've nothing to moan or groan about right now :) only that it feels like summer already (yay) but we've school (not yay!!!!!!!) 5 o'clock tues 20th june is gonna be sweet!!

shane0312 wrote:
    Its all relative. The Leaving is a piece of piss if you only need 300-400. It only gets hard and consequently stressful if you need high points 550+. It all depends on how many points you need for the course you want to do!

im aiming for 500, so its not like i need to do nothing... but i dunno, people stress themselves out too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Rockerette wrote:
    im aiming for 500, so its not like i need to do nothing... but i dunno, people stress themselves out too much...
    i'm taking an early night tonight to "destress"..not that i'm stressed though, more tired, and because i'm tired i can't take anything in. so bed early for me and i'll be bright and breezy in the morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Rockerette wrote:

i only need 400 myself but it's still a bit worrying wondering how much study to do, i can't afford to get too stressed out or too relaxed:D

man........the LC sucks:rolleyes:

dont get me wrong like, i cant wait for it all to be finished.. learning about the composition of soil, the contruction of the atom, and the decline of irish in the 18th centruy is FASCINATING! but i dunno, its not as bad as i expected it to be

• Advertisement

no its not!i agree! i just really want phramacy and im afraid this weather isnt helpin!hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Yeah i aint opened a book! im gonna start now wen i finish writing this ;) tis lashing atm with thunder and lightning. jus the weather ya need really:p I dont know wat points i need tho.. coz its a new course! so thats realy frustrating me! could be 500 could b be 300! grrrrrr :(:confused::confused:

grrrr I really like a boy but my friend likes him too grrrrrrrrrr!!ok sorry i kno dats got nufin to do with the Lc but ahhhhhhh!i need to moan about it!techinically this is goin dwn in skool so it merits its place here hehe

d4gurl wrote:
    grrrr I really like a boy but my friend likes him too grrrrrrrrrr!!

aw im flatterd and all but i'm spoken for ;)

I've the opposite problem, my gf is only in 5th year, and everytime I go out with her on the weekend I don't get back until 2 or 3 which means I'm in bed until 12 or 1 the next day! such a waste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

welll i saw the title, and iv scared away all my friends, so im here for a big moan.
    ok, i need to get around 380 points. i havent done much of any study whatsoever, nor have i attended school alot for the past 2 years. so basically im kind screwed! i'd get about 200 points if i was to sit the exams tomorro... is it possible to up my points by 180 in 3 weeks?!!!!!!!!!

aaaghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magic potions or other cheating devices appriciated!

just out of interest, what do people think they'd get if they sat the lc right now, and what do they need?

(other distress stories appriciated, listening to people who are "sorted" ,for there 550 points or whatever, will just drive me to suicidal thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Yeah it's definately possible. Just, you know, study a bit.

write on a black pencil with a fine liner pen, and adjust it so that the light reflects on it and you can see what you wrote. ;) not that ive ever done that.

you could also write underneath your watch strap and move when needed...

maybe back of the calculator.... rubber... trousers... theres loads of ways to cheat.

a wooden ruler, invisible pen writing, then colour over when needed?..... the best cheaters never gets caught.

Cheating is definitely possible. It's as simple as strapping a page to your leg, going to the toilets and looking at it. What 4th year supervisor is going to say anything if they hear you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Shards

Same thing hsappened to me!!! I avin even started yet so was planning to throw myself in head first today but then wantched 8 episodes of scrubs and then snatch!!!! anyone else in the same boat??? how many points is everyone hoping for? the first 4 places in my cao are 500 - 510 but thats just me being optimistic back in january! is it like impossible for me to get that? or 460 (my 5th place?) i got 320 in the mocks without doin any study...

Advertisement