Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sandbox

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

1911 wrote:
    Talking about proof, So when are we going to see this letter,

I have to agree, its been a few weeks now, i thnk you have had time to rip your house apart and rebuild it in time its taking you to find a little bit of paper thats going to shame Declan as you say!

"Put up or shut up"

I agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

As far as I know lads, the FOI report is in progress. I haven't checked on it in a few days because oddly enough, I thought the CJB was just a tad more important than Declan's ego!

Still waiting to hear why an individual can't seek to protect his or her own sport, and to hear what amendments Declan is responsible for, by the way. And I think it's only fair since I've responded to Declan's questions here when I most assuredly didn't have to - what I do is for me, what he does as FLAG is supposed to be for all of us, so if anything, he should be more open on these things than I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Sparks wrote:
    Still waiting to hear why an individual can't seek to protect his or her own sport, and to hear what amendments Declan is responsible for, by the way. And I think it's only fair since I've responded to Declan's questions here when I most assuredly didn't have to - what I do is for me, what he does as FLAG is supposed to be for all of us, so if anything, he should be more open on these things than I am.

Well this is true!

But i think this has to do with Both your egos!!

Not about "US" More likle you and him!

DDLR, if you think I'm the only person with a problem with Declan, you haven't spoken to enough shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

DDLR wrote:
    Well this is true!

But i think this has to do with Both your egos!!

Not about "US" More likle you and him!

A lot of people have come into this Sanbox asking for Sparks to produce this letter, if it is really about Sparks and Flag then all these people calling for the document should p1ss off and leave it between the two.

I am in the sandox because I want to express my unhappiness with the Criminal Justice Bill. No one has claimed it is perfect but for anyone to claim it is progress insults me.

When this legislation passes it will be more difficult to get a license for another gun. If licensed firearms holders had a history of being unsafe then i'd say, definitely make it harder to get one. We don't have a history of being unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I am in the sandox because I want to express my unhappiness with the Criminal Justice Bill.

Then you're in the wrong place. This thread was set up with the express purpose of letting FLAG and Sparks slug away at each other without interrupting other threads. Debating other topics here will do you little good (and there are lots of other threads anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

civdef wrote:
    Then you're in the wrong place. This thread was set up with the express purpose of letting FLAG and Sparks slug away at each other without interrupting other threads. Debating other topics here will do you little good (and there are lots of other threads anyway).

well i was harping away in the CJB thread and a mod moved my arguements wiht Flag here so I was just staying where i was put. I think there is still a post in the CJB thread of me asking where my posts had gone!

page 22 post 422

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

DDLR wrote:
    I have to agree, its been a few weeks now, i thnk you have had time to rip your house apart and rebuild it in time its taking you to find a little bit of paper thats going to shame Declan as you say!

"Put up or shut up"

I agree!

Ditto.
    Time to produce the evidence or delete all posts relating methinks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Sparks wrote:
    ...more important than Declan's ego!

I don't think you not wanting to pander to Declan's ego is a valid excuse at all.
    You made an allegation which you said you could support with documentary evidence. So far no evidence.

Sparks, as a moderator of this forum, I doubt very much that you would allow such unsupported allegations to remain, if they were made by another poster.
    You should withdraw your allegation and apologise immediately, until such time as you can provide the evidence that you claim to have seen.

For the record, I am completely unbiased to either party, and know neither Declan or Sparks. However, it is important that unsupported allegations cannot be thrown around, no matter who does the throwing.

• Advertisement

It's a valid point Samson, and especially with the NRAI/LRRAI/NRPAI thread, it's been bugging me that this is effectively a double standard, which isn't something we want to see in here.

So, I'm withdrawing the comments regarding the letter until such point as I can produce documentary evidence to back them up, and apologise to everyone for not being able to do so when they were made.

That doesn't quite mark the end of the thread, however...

Sparks wrote:
    It's a valid point Samson, and especially with the NRAI/LRRAI/NRPAI thread, it's been bugging me that this is effectively a double standard, which isn't something we want to see in here.

So, I'm withdrawing the comments regarding the letter until such point as I can produce documentary evidence to back them up, and apologise to everyone for not being able to do so when they were made. QUOTE]

So we will see you at the FLAG shoot on the 23rd:D

So we will see you at the FLAG shoot on the
    23rd:D
    Not likely Sidney! The above was only one issue in a host that exist concerning FLAG. I won't be supporting Declan or FLAG in the foreseeable future, in word or deed.

Sparks wrote:
    Not likely Sidney! The above was only one issue in a host that exist concerning FLAG. I won't be supporting Declan or FLAG in the foreseeable future, in word or deed.

Twas mere jest:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭FLAG

Sparks wrote:

So, I'm withdrawing the comments regarding the letter until such point as I can produce documentary evidence to back them up, and apologise to everyone for not being able to do so when they were made.

That doesn't quite mark the end of the thread, however...
    Clever use of words, you are not offering me an apology for the remarks that you made, it is clear that you may have seen some communications from some source however they would in no way reflect what statements you made on the boards, I posted a request to you on 22nd June offering a window of 21 days to produce the documentation, that has now passed and as you are not willing to withdraw the statement and apologise directly to me I will proceed as indicated, this clearly will be my last post on the matter.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

FLAG wrote:
    Clever use of words, you are not offering me an apology for the remarks that you made, it is clear that you may have seen some communications from some source however they would in no way reflect what statements you made on the boards, I posted a request to you on 22nd June offering a window of 21 days to produce the documentation, that has now passed and as you are not willing to withdraw the statement and apologise directly to me I will proceed as indicated, this clearly will be my last post on the matter.
    Proceed exactly where sir?

I apologise for my tardy entrance to this thread but as you might expect, this site and other things takes a lot of my waking hours. However I've just trudged through 7 laborious pages of a topic in which I have *zero* interest. Sorry, its just not my thing, though I understand it *is* yours (plural).

Now, Sparks made a claim and hasnt backed it up and has withdrawn it. If needed I will edit his post to remove it. However, if anyone and I mean ANYONE threatens Boards with a lawsuit I will become incredibly interested in this thread/forum/community and thats not going to result in a good outcome for anyone involved.

You have a nice little community going here, its exactly the sort of thing I run boards to help foster. But I'm not clasping a snake to my breast, so if it needs killing I wont be scotching it (for the classical scholars out there).

So, lets all just be friends and if anyone has a problem with anything going on here, my PM box is open.

Sparks, I'd ask you not to use your mod powers on this thread beyond your own posts until this is settled. (not that you have but its a common thing to ask Mods where they are in a dispute in their own forum, its stops any claims of abuse of power).

Gentlement, I'm a very reasonable person but I react notoriously unreasonably to threats. My door is open, so lets just all get along or resolve this in a friendly fashion.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Sparks, I'd ask you not to use your mod powers on this thread beyond your own posts until this is settled. (not that you have but its a common thing to ask Mods where they are in a dispute in their own forum, its stops any claims of abuse of power).
    For the record, I agree to do this.

Advertisement