Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking Up A Subject - Need Urgent Help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Thirdfox wrote:
    Same happened for myself... except law was 7th choice (since I had a med offer in England too - King's College).

Screw up with the Maths results probably led to myself not getting the place in England :(

Ouchies - have a couple offers from the UK, but I'd love to stay here, so fingers crossed.

Hope law's good? Seems really interesting, though I know with Torts I'd just keep thinking about cake.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

And get you just deserts I hope! lol (yes deserts is spelt correctly...)

Law is good, I find torts to be too bitchy, constitution and defending fundamental human rights... that's where the real interest is!

of course torts is good for money though :p

desserts > deserts :O

And as we know, all lawyers are only interested in money.

Imagine a world without lawyers.. ;)

There is a Simpsons quote for everything ever. <3<3<3

*shudders* ;)

Lessthanthree!

• Advertisement

^^ I'm confused...

Apologies to the OP, this is completely off topic (we should get a room! :D - failing that, take this conversation elsewhere!)

You (OP) should put up a poll so people can vote for the subject they think is best... go Physics!

Pfft, useless! :p

OP: Physics would probably be a decent choice, I reckon you could get it finished in a year, we did anyway - we've revised the course so many times that I'd better get a decent result.

Dunno about geography, not doing it myself, but people are always saying that it's really easy.

Oh, and business would be a good choice, I took it up myself this year and it's going well, so why not try it? A lot of it is common sense, the rest you just learn off.

Good luck at any rate!

Useless? Moi? I could sue you for that! (Actually I can't but hey doesn't that scare you! Can't do that as a medic!) :D

OP: Everyone says Geography is easy... just like everyone told me an A1 in Applied Maths was guaranteed (if you did Physics and Maths) - Not true!!! Maybe Geography is the same urban legend?

Yeah, well, I can... wait, damnit. I can administer lethal drugs to your system! Or cut you up (I want to do surgery.. :p)!

My threats > yours. ;)

Yeah, well, I can... wait, damnit. I can administer lethal drugs to your system! Or cut you up (I want to do surgery.. :p)!

My threats > yours. ;)

You do that and my lawyer friends will sue you, the hospital and the state for €10 million. You also go to jail for 15 years :D ...I win (although I will be dead at this stage).

Surgery... do you know why someone would want to shave your leg while performing an appendectomy? I woke up after the operation and found my left leg shaved!!! :eek: Makes me wonder what else they were doing to my body :confused: .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Maybe they got bored?

Thirdfox wrote:
    You do that and my lawyer friends will sue you, the hospital and the state for €10 million. You also go to jail for 15 years :D ...I win (although I will be dead at this stage).

Surgery... do you know why someone would want to shave your leg while performing an appendectomy? I woke up after the operation and found my left leg shaved!!! :eek: Makes me wonder what else they were doing to my body :confused: .

Death means you can't win. So I win by default. Default! The two sweetest words in the English language... :p

To be honest, I haven't a clue. Maybe they used a catheter there? *shrugs* :S

Also, aliens got your body while your were under anaesthetic, I'm afraid. *nods solemnly* Probes were involved. Those crazy aliens, you know what they're like!

Actually I was taken by aliens a long time ago so ha! your theory goes out the window. (That involved high fever, delirium and sleep-walking and hand gesturing - freaked out my parents!)

And I wonder when this thread will be locked for being completely off topic... hmm, who is the mod for the L. Cert forum anyway?

Do you know a Maria from Cavan who's studying Law & German in Trinity right now?

Oh and most people say lawyers are dead already (inside probably... :D)

Lawyer jokes... just heard one on newsnight:

What does a lawyer have in common with sperm? (sorry if this is not kiddie friendly!)
    - 1 in 50 million has a chance to become human!

Medicine and law together, could you ask for more? :)

I could ask for lots more! Like blackjack! And hookers! Actually, screw the blackjack! :p

(medicine and law together would own so much. :D Hrmm, if I become a surgeon, then a lawyer, then, THEN I can take over the world!)

Thirdfox wrote:
    Do you know a Maria from Cavan who's studying Law & German in Trinity right now?

I don't know her, but I know of her. Friend of a friend. *nod*

So she might know you then? I'll ask her to tell me all the gossip about you (to blackmail you, or at least use it so you don't kill me on an operating table sometime) ...that is unless you want to "do the dirt" on her? (See law has corrupted me, I used to be so innocent and naive :( )

No, she won't know me. :p Like I said, I know of her. And all I know is that she does Law and German. And is a friend of one of my friends. So I assume she knows nothing of me.

So there. ;D

I call dibs on the world! - I was plotting when you were still in nappies!

And just to confirm... what school does she (and also you) go to then?

Lack of trust - another fine trait you pick up whilst studying law. :)

• Advertisement

I was plotting before that, in my last life. *nod* Sorry to burst your bubble there..

Thirdfox wrote:
    And just to confirm... what school does she (and also you) go to then?

Lack of trust - another fine trait you pick up whilst studying law. :)

*runs away* I'm afraid you'll stalk me omg. ;)

See, I too can play that lack of trust game. :eek:

I was plotting before that, in my last life. *nod* Sorry to burst your bubble there..

Heretic! Burn her! *shouts the angry mob*

Or at least do the dunking test - if you float - you're a witch we burn you, if you drown - you're not, we're sorry :o

Oh and a great medicine site (full of info) is www.medschoolguide.co.uk - you might even find a certain thirdfox there too ;)

*runs away* I'm afraid you'll stalk me omg. ;)

See, I too can play that lack of trust game. :eek:

Lack of trust? With a (trainee admittedly) lawyer? Didn't your mother tell you you can trust all lawyers??? :eek:

Stalking? That's for my bebo account lol. :cool:

Lolz bebo.

I shall simultaneously float and drown. What'll happen then?

My mammy says I'm not allowed to talk to strangers, especially lawyers.

Mocking bebo? Now that is sacrilegious! :eek: You're just jealous because I have over 1500 views on my profile :p (you probably have more but meh...)

Floating and drowning means you're human, we get the cast of baywatch to fish you out and start resuscitation.

But as I said I'm just a trainee lawyer, still almost fully human...

Bebo exists solely to be mocked.

Baywatch? But they're all made of PLASTIC.

Any form of lawyer never was, is not and never shall be human. Or almost. :p

"Baywatch? But they're all made of PLASTIC."
    All the better to float with my dear... what kind of science are they teaching children these days eh?

So I take it you don't partake in the pleasure that is bebo? You shall never know the joys of when someone completes your quiz and find that they know nothing about you, or when you post up marvellous photos of Trinity's Iron Stomach competition and share the experience with all your friends.

Actually am I on bebo. *coughs* I was forced to join about a year ago. Cursed friends living in Dublin, they made me do it. And now it has gone crazy. People are obsessed, seriously, every conversation in my school basically starts like "Omg are you on bebo???" etc, etc. It saddens me. ;_; Everyone fails all my quizzes ever. *cries*

And they teach us fake science. All is lies. Lies is all.

• Advertisement

*runs off to bebo search* - nope even bebo doesn't know you! Do people in your school actually say "OMG"? Come to think of it I have heard of people saying "Lol!"

Bebo is banned in a few colleges now... it's an epidemic - social popularity is judged by the number of views you had (one guy has 10,000+) I think its good in one way, brings the internet to the D4 people who'd only use a computer to book flights to Paris or something... who am I kidding? They'll get their butlers to do it!

*the fact that I come from a D4 (not actually in D4) rugby school does not make my points any less valid :p

Advertisement