Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking Up A Subject - Need Urgent Help

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

But it seems google does turn up more results (scary isn't it!)... who wrote this masterpiece of a poem?:

Happiness Recipe
    Take a teaspoon of the cinema
    And of parties take a cup
    Seventy five grams of reading
    And just a drop of 7up

Add a pinch of discos
    Add a pinch of friends
    Mix well as we are
    Coming to and end

Bake for twenty minutes
    Serve with a dollop of sun
    And soon you'll be
    Having lots of fun

Searching for my real name just gets you a movie star... :( I'm probably number 1000001 result on google :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Well, they say OhMyGod, so yeah. And I've heard a few lols scattered in there for good measure. *weeps at the state of the nation's youth* ;)

TYPING IN CAPITALS MAKES MY POINT MORE VALID. :D

Ah, D4 people and internets should never mix. The thought scares me.

Aw, ain't that cute! Some ickle kid one assumes. *nod*

Googling makes baby jesus cry. [/lies]

And congrats on the silver in the Science Olympiad...

Googling is scary (especially when there's a lot of information floating on the web about someone). You should think about discarding your username and making one that doesn't tell everyone who you are - hate to be all serious and all but there's so much potential danger you could be in.

Anyway... good luck to the OP and his subject choice!

Any pics from the olympiad make me cry. idonotlooklikethat ;_;
    Two silver medals plzkthx. (One Ireland, one Europe.) Thought about it, tried to change name, must remember to subscribe some day! It's not so bad, nothing worries me too much that's there now. Anything incriminating has passwords or other names or the like. I hope. :/

• Advertisement

Took me a minute to figure out what plzkthx meant :p - some people will write their first year law exams in txt spk :eek: - I suppose it is a way of seperating the wheat from the chaff. (But that raises the question, how did they get the points in the first place by writing like that?)

Gotta go for many reasons:
    1. this thread is still wildly off topic (due solely to us).
    2. I've an exam in Constitutional law soon and I need to revise.
    3. I'm tired (and I still haven't done no. 2 yet!)

Guten nicht (ja I know some German too, viva la Francais!) :p

Text speak? ;_; (plzkthx is ironic :p).

You enjoy revising (good luck in the exam!). I shall sleep and procrastinate about my lack of study. *nods* This being why I'll never get medicine.

Business/physics/geography again to the OP.. (apologies to the mod, I talk too much ;_; )

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

Thanks very much for the replies people, despite the later hijackery (I'm aware that that is not a real word :D)! I don't mind that by the way I wasn't sniping, perhaps my thread has sown the seeds of a friendship ;)

So the basic jist is, as I hate maths and dislike physics to a large extent (formuale are not my friend), I'm looking at Geography, Business or Agricultural Science? If anyone who does Ag. Sci could give me their synopis of the course it would be much appreciated.

Also, on the Geog side, how are people finding the new course, and is the fieldwork going to be a difficult task to do alone? And how interesting are the none geological sections (tourism, etc)?

With Business, give it to me straight, am I going to be bored? Finally, I know this is all getting a bit Spanish Inquisitonary on your asses, but a friend of mine who does Business has alluded that the actual relevant parts of the course come to only 270-odd pages (the book I have is around 450!) and that the rest has been put in as some form of future-proofing against predicted changes?

Once again, thankyou in advance for your help and good luck to everyone sitting the Leaving this year!

P.S. How many other nearly-sixth-years (or sixth years for that matter) have absolutely no idea what they're going to do in college? I have flitted from dentistry to medicine to some sort of financial consultant to something in computers to psychologist/psychiatrist (what're the major differences aside from med school for psychology?), etc. And probably my greatest love is creative writing...

Think it might help if you tell us want points you want i.e. just a C or are you aiming for an A in this subject? I'm sure something like Physics it's very easy to get a B but maybe that won't do you? (Especially if you have medicine on you choice list!)

Sorry for the hijackery :D
    Could still put up a poll for people to vote for their favourite/easiest course.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

Yeah I guess you could say I'm after maximum points or as close to them as I can get. Not sure yet though how viable that will be, but I would hope for an A in everything except maths and possibly french (I've heard you have to be close to fluent to get an A!). I'll attempt to whack a poll on this now thanks for the tip :)

EDIT: <== Forum muppet does not know how to put the poll on from the edit frame!

• Advertisement

Pretty sure you can still add a poll... go to "thread tools" and there should be the option to add a poll.

If you're not looking for an A in Maths then perhaps Physics wouldn't yield an A either (and most certainly not Applied Maths) - not trying to be harsh or anything, just being realistic (kinda need that for medical applications!)

Perhaps then Geography or Business (haven't done either myself). I did study Economics though (A1) and found that easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Enright wrote:
    with respects to all other posts, i believe that they have it wrong. all suggestion will require considerable work on your behalf, have you investigated the possibility of taking uo LCVP, the workload is small, can be done over 1 year and have the possibility of delivering 70 pts is a distintion is obtained. certainly look into it, assuming its an option in the school

I taught LCVP to a class in 6th year. did it in 6 months including portfolios. They didnt have a teacher for 5th year but they all passed.

I'd do Agricultural Economics because some colleges (say if you want to do science) dont accept biology and ag science.

Looking at the OP's requirements 70 points isn't going to be enough for a place in Medicine - I think he wants at least to get an A2 (90 points) so the LCVP isn't suited for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Yep Third Fox dead right. Then i'd say go with agricultural economics or Bis Org.

Advertisement