Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New BMW Coupe

Options
  • 06-05-2006 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Any one got any good links to some pics?

cheers
    DM:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have seen a few spy shots but I cannot find the links. I think the new 3 series coupe has a folding metal roof afaik similar to the Merc SLK and Peug 307 CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I presume your talking about the new E92 Coupé?

If so here ya go: Official Spy pics (bit of a contradiction but ya get what I mean!):D

front9es.th.jpg

rear4lh.th.jpg

side4gr.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This month's top gear magazine has a feature on it, it looks very nice indeed, and has more than a hint of 6-series about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/04/23/bmw-laughs-last-with-twin-turbo-3-series-coupe-10-high-rez-shot/

a peugeot 406 called and it wants its tail lights back (I kid, I kid, I really like the rear lights actually)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the new model looks alright but i still prefer the older model with m3 alloys.:p

• Advertisement

335Ci (twin turbo) sounds good, still doesnt make up for its looks however.

Ah well, in time, I'm sure it will grow on people when seen in flesh and sporting the MSport - MTec kits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

That alot better than what I expected. I am really NOT a fanof the saloon at all in its new guise.
    Very much a touch of the 6 alright, Im off to Joe tomorrow to put my deposit down!:D

ciarsd wrote:
    335Ci (twin turbo) sounds good, still doesnt make up for its looks however.

Ah well, in time, I'm sure it will grow on people when seen in flesh and sporting the MSport - MTec kits

yes it will look good with a body kit and that will cost extra.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

I want to see the M3

AJ! wrote:
    I want to see the M3

V8 lump :cool:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Only available in 325ci guise in Ireland for the first few months. Will be over €60,000.

Big Balls wrote:
    Only available in 325ci guise in Ireland for the first few months. Will be over €60,000.[/quote]
    :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    I think the new 3 series coupe has a folding metal roof afaik similar to the Merc SLK and Peug 307 CC.

About time. The soft tops are looking older and older on most cars

drdre wrote:
    :eek: :eek:

Only a couple of grand more than a 6-pot Golf. I know what I'd have ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

some great pics here. Actually looks not bad.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=248988&postcount=197

unkel wrote:
    Only a couple of grand more than a 6-pot Golf. I know what I'd have ;)

An R32 has quite a bit more power than the top of the lot BMW coupe, M3 aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Isn't the 335 Turbo kicking out about 300hp? Don't like it myself, but maybe when I see it in the metal...

EDIT

Changed my mind, in the pic on e90post.com where it looks like its parked in someone's living room it looks top.

Big Balls wrote:
    An R32 has quite a bit more power than the top of the lot BMW coupe, M3 aside.

Wrong.

VW R32 250BHP - 320NM
    BMW 335i 306BHP - 400NM

And the VW is FWD. Doesn't really work well with 250BHP anyway. Oh and the base model, the 325Ci has about the same performance as the R32. On paper. In real life it's probably quite a bit different ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

unkel wrote:
    Wrong.

VW R32 250BHP - 320NM
    BMW 335i 306BHP - 400NM

And the VW is FWD. Doesn't really work well with 250BHP anyway. Oh and the base model, the 325Ci has about the same performance as the R32. On paper. In real life it's probably quite a bit different ;)
    The R32 is 4 wheel drive, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote:
    The R32 is 4 wheel drive, isn't it?

Yeah it is indeed...the GTi model is FWD

the new r32 looks savage
    [URL="javascript:showImagePopupUrl('/vwcms_publish/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de2/models/golf_r32.image_popup.ModuleColumn_0003_Module_0003.htm', 660, 420,'');"]content.Par.0013.Image.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:showImagePopupUrl('/vwcms_publish/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de2/models/golf_r32.image_popup.ModuleColumn_0003_Module_0004.htm', 660, 420,'');"]content.Par.0025.Image.jpg[/URL]

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/golf/r32

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

German site:

http://www.bmw.com/com/de/index_highend.html

The back looks a lot better than the E90, like to see m-pack on it though:cool:

Unkel if you're going to take me to task, at least get your facts right will ya? :rolleyes:

An R32 is four motion.

A 325ci has less power than a fu*kin' MKV Golf GTI nevermind an R32. 192bhp to be exact.

And I dunno about the rest of you but in current or next model coupe, I haven't seen a 335i anything for Ireland.

The NEW 325ci is supposed to have 215bhp which is quite a bit less than the R32s 240bhp.

Every mobile phones salesman is driving a coupe these days, how many R32s have you seen on Irish plates??
    unkel wrote:
    Wrong.

VW R32 250BHP - 320NM
    BMW 335i 306BHP - 400NM

Steady on Big Balls - hardly a need for the attitude?!

Why are we, or how did we get to comparing an 'entry' model E92 verus the top of the Golf range - R32 :confused: bit of a weird comparison if you ask me.

Regarding the amount of coupés versus R32's on the roads - well seen as you can get the coupé in a 2L (and the majority of 'em on Irish roads are) its kind of easy to see why, when the R32 sports a 3.2 6 cylinder!

Tax/Insurance/Fuel costs amongst other things come to mind for reasons why one is more popular on the roads versus the other!

Big Balls wrote:
    Unkel if you're going to take me to task, at least get your facts right will ya? :rolleyes:

An R32 is four motion.

A 325ci has less power than a fu*kin' MKV Golf GTI nevermind an R32. 192bhp to be exact.

And I dunno about the rest of you but in current or next model coupe, I haven't seen a 335i anything for Ireland.

The NEW 325ci is supposed to have 215bhp which is quite a bit less than the R32s 240bhp.

Every mobile phones salesman is driving a coupe these days, how many R32s have you seen on Irish plates??

as far as i know theres no new r32 in ireland yet.but i would prefer that to a new bmw anyday as theres going to be LOADS of them around where as not many r32.also r32 can be chipped for 500-600 euro and will put out over 50bhp more than it alreay has.:D

ciarsd wrote:
    Steady on Big Balls - hardly a need for the attitude?!

Eh I don't like being told I'm wrong, when I'm not !

And I wasn't asking for anyone to justify why there's more coupes than R's, I'm saying there's less so in terms of exclusivity, an R32 would be far more appealing IMO.

I was a passenger in a MKIV one Superchipped to 275bhp ish with a few other mods and it was mental. You would only get that similar type of jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus christ feeling in an M3 when comparing the two.

It'd be great if they did away with the 318ci IMO, it would keep the coupes out of the hands of people after the car just for the badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

You'ld be btter with the GTI not the R32 for a remap - unlikely you'll find 50 extra hp on the R32 with a remap to be honest, not without using premium fuel and some other mods at the same time

R32 has no turbo, so they cannot just up the boost to get more grunt like the do with all the other petrol turbo remaps

Standard Disclaimer - I may be totally wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

EEEhhh! lads

How did this turn into an apples V pears comparison of 2 different cars when it was only meant to be about the new BM ci?

There are many cars that have more power and are less seen on the road.
    Of what relevance is this?

Ill take my BM any day over a Golf.......

• Advertisement

Big Balls wrote:
    An R32 is four motion

OK, you and others were right there and I was wrong. 4WD should make a big difference compared to 2WD in a Golf. I'll eat the comments I made about 2WD as they should not apply to the R32
    Big Balls wrote:
    Big Balls wrote:
    A 325ci has less power than a fu*kin' MKV Golf GTI nevermind an R32. 192bhp to be exact

Perhaps you should practice what you preach ;)

An E92 325Ci has 218BHP - that's more than a same year FWD MKV Golf GTI. Guess which will be a lot faster round a track?
    drdre wrote:
    r32 can be chipped for 500-600 euro and will put out over 50bhp more than it alreay has.:D

Not a hope, as Mayshine carefully put it :)
    How did this turn into an apples V pears comparison of 2 different cars when it was only meant to be about the new BM ci?

Sorry that was mainly my fault :o

People were shocked by the price and although I agree the E92 seems expensive, I tried to show it probably isn't that bad as it is, as a junior executive class coupe, only a fraction more than a powerful small family hatch class like a VW Golf
    Ill take my BM any day over a Golf.......

Now there's that too :D

Advertisement