Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishgamer.ie PES 5 World Cup Tourny(pc)

Options
  • 06-05-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in playing a boards world cup ?

I'm not gonna bother going into the specifics of it until I know how many people are interested .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bags you as organiser!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get as many players as possible pick one or 2 teams and play the groups as is :)

Ie i could be france and togo so only needs 16 players :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I pick Argentina & , ammm , Australia.
    France & Togo are in the same group :rolleyes: Should try and avoid that tbh :p
    I couldnt meet myself to the Semi's for example :cool:
    Then what do ya do :p
    Prob get knocked out at group stage now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I pick Brazil and Sweden

I'm defo in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i'm in, i pick spain & italy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

hold on people , I said I wasn't going to go into specifics yet...............which includes picking teams .

There's two fair-ish ways to do that , 1.is to randomly asign teams to people(I'm sure at lot of you won't like that) and the other option is to seed teams so people can't pick both Italy and Spain or Brazil and Sweden , I mean FFS one person shouldn't be able to take two of the best international teams .

If anyone has any other ideas on how to assign teams feel free to share it .

As it is we have 5 players , and we'll need at least 8 for this to work well .

The problem with having two teams is that someome is bound to have two of their teams meet at some point or another , I suppose in that event they should nominate which team to go through(picking teams from the same group isn't allowed)

In case anyone doesn't want to look for the groups in the world cup :fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/group/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pick teams based on Seedings ie if you have they will obviously pick the top 8 then pick one from the bottom 8 obviously not int he same group.

You will get 16 people to sign up for your cup that your organising :D

EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GROUP A
    Germany KDJAC
    Costa Rica Big Ears
    Poland
    Ecuador

GROUP B
    England Big Ears
    Paraguay
    Trinidad & Tobago KDJAC
    Sweden

Play on the same nights as the WC and run it right tru it. Everyone gonna go PES5 mental with the Evo Web World Cup Patch.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

im in.

when we plannin this? a little cup tonight would be cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You can't organise it on nights of the world cup...that's just too realistic. How about just do it this weekend or something?

I'm in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

everyone gather online (hit the chatroom.. ) during the week to get a better idea who will be active / and when they are is available to play... :confused:

• Advertisement

Not this weekend , I'm about to win a N.Tipp youths treble on Saturday(cup final) and lets just say I'll be in no condition to play .

people(7) so far:
    Big Ears
    KdjaC
    Berns
    PHB
    heggie
    Johnny_the_fox
    cheesedude

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have a patch with the updated jerseys in my game. Downloaded it last night. Can you play online with it? Each time i try to play someone, i get ejected. Is there a way around this anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

cheesedude wrote:
    Is there a way around this anyone?
    Yes, your opponent has to have the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I'm in!

Fusion

So far:

Big Ears
    KdjaC
    Berns
    PHB
    heggie
    Johnny_the_fox
    cheesedude
    Tusky
    fushion
    wheelbarrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

I`d be in....but i am kinda crap at pro evo......

I`d be in....but i am kinda crap at pro evo......

don't worry about it , you'll only get better by playing more...........or drinking less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

..ah me out now....

Just realized it`s for the PC....

I really should read the posts.....

so that leaves us with the beutiful number of 9............any ideas KdjaC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

everybody gets 2 teams, which leaves 18.
    6 left over.
    6 groups.
    Eliminate the bottom 6 teams?

Make it a group of three?
    And play normal rules from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Im out unless leave it till July :(
    Moved out now, was hopin woulda get it together sooner
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

ill be in, if still open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Whens it starting? I may be able to play if its after the 5th of june - ill be back in Ireland then...its been 5 months without pro evo ive got an itchy trigger finger!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I would defo consider getting pro evo 5 for pc (have it for xbox) if i could get some regular online games with it.

I had to use some program to play online games for pro evo 4 and it kept crashing so I stopped. Would love to play anyone from boards on a regular basis (and be involved in this tourney).

If there are people willing to play on a regular basis from here I'll get it this thursday. How much wud it be now?

probably about 15 euro i dunno, get it because theres always people online playing, its set up for online properly this version.

It's £9.99 from play.com or €14.58

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey I picked this up today so I'de defo be in for the world cup tourney.

I'm always up for a game so pm me or something if anybody would like to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I'd be in if it's after the 20th of June?

• Advertisement

Tournament's name : Irishgamer Pro Evo World Cup

Big Ears
    KdjaC
    Berns
    PHB
    heggie
    Johnny_the_fox
    cheesedude
    Tusky
    fushion
    Damo
    Call me Jimmy
    Gangsta(after 20th of June)
    Would everyone be okay to start sometime between the 22nd and the 26th ?

2 teams each . 4 groups of 6(assures plenty of games for everyone) , with the first 2 going through . As in the real world cup , winners shall face runner ups .
    winner of group A-runner up of group B , winner of B against runner up of A .
    C with D , and E with F .

KdjaC would you(or her as you described your GF/wife before)do the draw for this so it is totally random and independant(please) . Randomly asign teams to people and then teams to the groups . If a person already has a team in that group he shall then have his second drawn team moved to the next group.

If a two teams controlled by the same person meet in the knockout stages that person must nominate one of the teams to go through .

Does anyone have any problems playing week days/week ends , certain nights or have a problem with the the suggested date if so post about it here .

There are prizes for the winner(two games) on behalf on Irishgamer.ie , should we run this correctly.

Any feedback suggestions or comments are welcome .

Advertisement