Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishgamer.ie PES 5 World Cup Tourny(pc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not entering so I could do the draw if you'd like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Big Ears wrote:
    Tournament's name : Irishgamer Pro Evo World Cup

Big Ears
    KdjaC
    Berns
    PHB
    heggie
    Johnny_the_fox
    cheesedude
    Tusky
    fushion
    Damo
    Call me Jimmy
    Gangsta(after 20th of June)
    Would everyone be okay to start sometime between the 22nd and the 26th ?

2 teams each . 4 groups of 6(assures plenty of games for everyone) , with the first 2 going through . As in the real world cup , winners shall face runner ups .
    winner of group A-runner up of group B , winner of B against runner up of A .
    C with D , and E with F .

KdjaC would you(or her as you described your GF/wife before)do the draw for this so it is totally random and independant(please) . Randomly asign teams to people and then teams to the groups . If a person already has a team in that group he shall then have his second drawn team moved to the next group.

If a two teams controlled by the same person meet in the knockout stages that person must nominate one of the teams to go through .

Does anyone have any problems playing week days/week ends , certain nights or have a problem with the the suggested date if so post about it here .

There are prizes for the winner(two games) on behalf on Irishgamer.ie , should we run this correctly.

Any feedback suggestions or comments are welcome .
    spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just in relation to randomly assigning teams, would it be possible since there are 12 people and 24 teams, that we could spilt the teams into top 12 and bottom 12?

In which case, everybody gets one top half and bottom half.

This would stop one person getting Brazil and England while the other getting Ivory Coast and Ghana.
    Meaning they both would get
    Brazil and Ivory Coast
    and
    England and Ghana.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

fair point PHB(I think I made it myself before) I have done up seedings myself .

Note: 4 teams are in the Wc and not in the game , Trinidad and Tobago , Togo , Angola and Ghana . Also 2 teams from seed 1 and 2 teams from seed 2 are not going to be used .(because we only need 24 teams)

Seed 1:
    Brazil
    England
    Italy
    Holland
    Spain
    France
    Argentina
    Portugal
    Germany
    Sweden
    South Korea
    Austrailia
    Czech Republic
    Ivory coast

seed 2:
    Saudi Arabia
    Tunisia
    Mexico
    Ukraine
    Switzerland
    Croatia
    Japan
    Costa Rica
    Ecuador
    Paraguay
    Serbia & Monetenegro
    Iran
    USA
    Poland

if you get Korea , Ivory Coast or Austrailia you should feel a bit unlucky if you get Mexico or Japan you should feel very lucky as there is marginal stat differences between those 5 teams .

Lemlin thanks for the offer of doing the draw , I accept it so draw away .

If people still want to be involved(and haven't already said so) put your name down incase someone else pulls out . Either that or get 3 more people plus yourself and then we can re-draw .

Ukraine ain't a bad team at all in the second section cause you get a world class player to focus everything through :)

Come on Spain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey that sounds great big ears! I don't think I have any problems with any time/dates atm.

I really would like to have a game with someone online before the tournament to make sure I know how to do it and it runs smoothly before I play a match in the tournament. Ye know, make sure I have the right ports open and that I can host etc.

Anyone able to help me out tonite? Maybe have a game or two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Login to Lobby 7 Most of us have each other in our buddy lists but there are about 700 playing right now.

Make sure you have the port open before you even try to play online.
    Its been discussed to death on how to do it www.portforward.com

Lemlin draw done yet?????

kdjac

there's actually a built in pro evo lobby thing in pes5? cool thanks, I'll try now in a min!

wait what port is pro evo 5?

wait what port is pro evo 5?

start a new thread or search :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Is the entry still open?

actually my brother will enter too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

dont think i can play on the 23rd, have to confirm this, just lettin ya's know.

Just out of interest of the general level to be expected, I was wondering what class people are in in the ratings?

Anyone in class 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ah, Im flying out on the 20th for five weeks so I wont be able to play, Im sure someone will take my place. Sorry.

(p.s I would have won)

Tusky wrote:
    Ah, Im flying out on the 20th for five weeks so I wont be able to play, Im sure someone will take my place. Sorry.

(p.s I would have won)

Zabbo can have your spot if he wants to enter .(if not it will go to Gangsta's brother..............possibly him;) )

lemlin do the draw yet?

kdjac

Big Ears wrote:
    Zabbo can have your spot if he wants to enter .(if not it will go to Gangsta's brother..............possibly him;) )
    haha good one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i need a warm up tour - anyone want to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Big Ears wrote:
    Tournament's name : Irishgamer Pro Evo World Cup

Big Ears
    KdjaC
    Berns
    PHB
    heggie
    Johnny_the_fox
    cheesedude
    Tusky
    fushion
    Damo
    Call me Jimmy
    Gangsta(after 20th of June)
    Would everyone be okay to start sometime between the 22nd and the 26th ?

2 teams each . 4 groups of 6(assures plenty of games for everyone) , with the first 2 going through . As in the real world cup , winners shall face runner ups .
    winner of group A-runner up of group B , winner of B against runner up of A .
    C with D , and E with F .

KdjaC would you(or her as you described your GF/wife before)do the draw for this so it is totally random and independant(please) . Randomly asign teams to people and then teams to the groups . If a person already has a team in that group he shall then have his second drawn team moved to the next group.

If a two teams controlled by the same person meet in the knockout stages that person must nominate one of the teams to go through .

Does anyone have any problems playing week days/week ends , certain nights or have a problem with the the suggested date if so post about it here .

There are prizes for the winner(two games) on behalf on Irishgamer.ie , should we run this correctly.

Any feedback suggestions or comments are welcome .

ya forgot me, i had my name down, sniff sniff :confused:

• Advertisement

joe316 wrote:
    ya forgot me, i had my name down, sniff sniff :confused:

So I did , sorry Joe . 13 is a hard number to work with so I suppose we're going to have to let Gangta's brother play .

which means 4 groups of 7 and all of the 28 teams that are in the world cup and the game will be used .

Gangsta does your brother use Boards ?(if so what's his name?) , and what's his pro evo name ? .

To make things easier could all 14 entrants put down what their pro evo names are
    Big Ears=BigEars

PHB - irishdavew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Big Ears wrote:
    So I did , sorry Joe . 13 is a hard number to work with so I suppose we're going to have to let Gangta's brother play .

which means 4 groups of 7 and all of the 28 teams that are in the world cup and the game will be used .

Gangsta does your brother use Boards ?(if so what's his name?) , and what's his pro evo name ? .

To make things easier could all 14 entrants put down what their pro evo names are
    Big Ears=BigEars

thanks, im always awkward ;)

joe316= joe316

Call Me Jimmy = CallMeJimmy

KdjaC wrote:
    lemlin do the draw yet?

kdjac

Can yas give me a complete list of the entrants and I'll do the draw tonight. Maybe you or Big Ears could pm me it Kdjac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

Johnny-IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Johnny_the_fox

kdjacl

Big ears knows it :)

kdjac

Grand, if he sends me it on I'll do the draw.

• Advertisement

Advertisement