Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael Ard Fheis

Options
  • 06-05-2006 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

It's on RTE1 now (til 9pm)

What do ye make of it? Anything new or interesting announced?

just posting quickly in case ye wanna see it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

ahh, just missed it. caught the news headlines at 9 and he was talking about drunk tanks and fines for people turning up to a&e with drink on them.
    wont comment any further till I get a propper report on what went on but from what I seen on the news it looked like a load of hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

What annoys me about FG is getting their big names to stand for the EU parliament - then getting them back to stand in national politics.

Pretty cheap stunt.

Enda's speech was poor - nothing new.

This was his last Ard Fheis speech before the election. He failed to deliver anything but hotair.

Speaking about delivering value for money from a party that added £12 billion to the national debt in the 80's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭catholicireland

Fine Gael are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Cork wrote:
    Speaking about delivering value for money from a party that added £12 billion to the national debt in the 80's?

The 80s is a different country and Fine Gael didn't have a monopoly on ratcheting up debt. Not sure that voting intentions should be based on what happened a generation ago. That said I am still waiting for them to give me a real reason to consider them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

Fine Gael are wrong to think they and Labour alone will have a majority. They are deluding themselves. I heard one of them on Saturday View I think saying that. They won't. It will be (if it befalls us) a shaky alliance of FG-Lab-Green-Ind. It will be unstable. It will be very difficult to keep the Independents on board especially as some are former FF members.

• Advertisement
Advertisement