Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over weight Kids

Options
  • 06-05-2006 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Been taking kids swimming alot lately, I have have noticed some of the kids between say 5 and 10 years of age see seem to be really over weight like say a couple of stone already. when swim is over I see the same kids with their parents who are also over weight waiting with bags of junk food for them and the can of coke with 12 cubes of sugar in it , dont want to sound nasty but what chance do these kids have of staying at a normal weight for their age when all and sundry is out in front of them to eat, I always have a banana waiting for me kids after a swim not saying they dont get junk food they do but we have it under control of what is enough I think ie they seem to be normal weight for their age, is this a form of child abuse? does it make parents feel better knowing their kids take after them I am not sure ,I think the parents need to see the wood from the trees before it is to late, hope this does not offend anybody but we as parents need to do what is best for our kids,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

As far as I am concerned allowing a child to over eat or to eat food that odes not nourish them corretly is as bad as underfeeding them.
    Mine to get sweets and junk food but it is a sometimes thing not an everday thing and they snack only on fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think it is, you need a license to have a tv or a dog but unfortunatley not for a child.

Advertisement