Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB issues today?

• 06-05-2006 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on the Ballycoolin mast and I've been having some issues resolving domain names. Anyone else experience similiar issues today?

IRC / MSN / torrents working fine but webpages / xfire / email not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

try these DNS servers instead of iBB ones and see if it helps i think their hamster is having a day off again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Which DNS IPs are they?

Oh, and all is good now - I just wanted to see if others had the same issue or was it just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

well iam in milltown very near dundrum and msn wasnt working for awhile it is working now fine but it would not sign in for some reason and i did the troubleshoot think and it found no problems but still would not sigh in

i have a download manager that gives me the speen iam supposed to get which is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

You may have to clear your DNS cache, go to Run, type cmd => OK
    run the following

ipconfig /flushdns

or, just restart the computer

that should get you computer to call the DNS server to resolve domain names.
    if your computer has been on for a long! time you need to do this everynow and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@pointofnoreturn
    I did reboot my PC a few times, which didn't resolve it completely. But thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

using eircoms dns servers wont help very much if the gateway (ballycoolin) is the problem

Advertisement